Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5

I’m running Home assistant in an unRaid docker. I’m trying to get my Zwave stick added, but I’m not having any luck. I see the Z-wave configuration, but there isn’t a button to start it. I’ve double-checked my USB path, and it’s correct

Here is my config:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
network_key: “my key”
device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml

What am I doing wrong? I’m pulling my hair out

I assume “my key” is just a placeholder?
What’s inside “zwave_device_config.yaml”?

Do you have any errors in your logs? Did you include the path to your USB stick in your docker run command?

Please see the sticky post on how to correctly format posts.

There’s many possibilities here, but I suspect there’s not actually a problem. There’s nothing to “start”. It’s entire enabled and configured, or it’s not - see the Z-Wave documentation.

1 Like

“My Key” is indeed a placeholder, I have a blank zwave_device_config.yaml

I now see the aeotec zwave usb and the sensor I bought, so I’m not sure what I did last night. I’m now trying to add 3 GE switches and can’t see them when I do add node. Progress, I guess

I was using the Ge Switches with a wink hub, but shouldn’t I be able to connect them to my Z-Stick?

Sure you can, but you’ll have to remove them from the Wink Hub first, using the standard processes for doing that. If you can’t do that in Wink then see the documentation - any Z-Wave controller can remove a Z-Wave device from a mesh.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response. Am I correct in assuming that if they are connected to wink, I wont be able to see them at all? Once I remove them from wink, I will be able to pair them to the usb stick by pressing up on the power button?

Well, yes, remove them from Wink. No, don’t push the button on the stick - instead read the Z-Wave docs which tell you how to do it correctly :wink: