Aeotek Multisensor 6: Google Home Alerts When Movement Detected

What is the error message?

I think it will probably have to do with “mapping values” or something.

Try moving the “data:” section to the left aligned with the “entity_id:”

Did that.

I don’t seem to be getting the error message now, but I’m not getting the lamp on.

To simplify my testing, I took it back to just the following:

automation: 
  - alias: 'Someone At The Front Door'
    trigger:
      platform: template
      value_template: '{{states.switch.front_door_15.attributes.device_tripped}}'
    # The Condition Syntax from https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/scripts/conditions/
    condition:
      condition: time
      # At least one of the following is required.
      after: '08:00:00'
      before: '20:00:00'
      # Text to Speech
    action:
      - service: tts.google_say
        entity_id: media_player.whole_house_doorbell
        data:
    # Bedroom Light On - Red at Full Brightness
      - service: light.turn_on
        entity_id: light.yeelight_bedside_7811dc9201bd 
        data:
          brightness: 100%
          rgb_color: [255, 0, 0]

If I run the trigger via the card on the front end, I get the message playing on all my GHM’s but the lamp doesn’t come on.

If I make the following change (simply hash out the data, brightness and rgb_colour lines), then I get the message AND the light comes on (at the colour and brightness it was last on) :

# Bedroom Light On - Red at Full Brightness
  - service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.yeelight_bedside_7811dc9201bd 
#        data:
#          brightness: 100%
#          rgb_color: [255, 0, 0]

So in summary, having the 3 lines (data, brightness and rgb_colour) stops the lamp from coming on (no error messages though), hashing them out makes the lamp work again.

I tried just having the data and brightness one “active” but the lamp didn’t work.

One other thing I just thought of. Since I have one automation with one alias but it has 2 triggers (night time alarm and daytime alarm), which one would be tested when I use the front end trigger button ?
Edit: For some reason, I only got errors when I un-hashed the 2nd trigger (the nighttime one) with the errors saying there were duplicate actions, triggers etc. So I gave each a unique alias.

Thanks

Max

I had missed that you didn’t have the two actions split by an alias:.

You figured out that you can’t do that tho.

As far as the light brightness & color goes I don’t have a color changing bulb but I have a goControl bulb that is dimmable and the action I use is:

action:
  service: homeassistant.turn_on
  entity_id:
    - light.zw_light_2_level
  data:
    brightness: 32

Where 0 is off and 255 is 100% bright.

I don’t know exactly what the format you need for your bulb is, tho.

When I removed the hash from the data line and brightness line and put just a number for the brightness, it (the number) was in red. When I make it a %, it is in black font.

Does that mean that it’s indicating when it’s poor/incorrect syntax when red and ok when black?

no.

If you are using a code editor (like notepad++ or something similar) it just indicates that it’s a number. It really doesn’t “know” if the syntax is correct or not because it probably doesn’t “know” all coding languages.