(affordable) Zigbee in-wall switches specifically for shutters

Z2M much more reliable for me. E.g. Sonoff pushbutton shows as a normal sensor (in ZHA it is an event). Also able to pair IKEA remote (the only issue that only the on/off switch was binded the rest 4 buttons not. But I’ll look after the solution)

Hello guys!

First of all I would like to mention that I am really excited with HA and the community and all the information that can be found!
I am in the process of setting up my smart home also so I have setted up HA in unraid and trying to get familiar with all the terms( tuya, controlers, mqtt, zigbee,gateways, deconz, esp,etc, etc, :scream: :scream:) and instructions and to understand how the setup/topology should be done. So, I decied to start with my shutters and I bumbed in to the same switces/controlers/threads and I am trying to understand if a tuya gateway is necessary when this zigbee switcehs that you mention, for example .
I decided to proceed with zigbee and what I would like to clarify, in my mind is:

• Do I need to have both a gateway (I will go for conbee 2) and a Tuya ZigBee Hub for this switch to work?
  • What is the hub and when do I need it?
  • If every device needs its own hub then what…? Or can HA work without a hub?
  • What is a Bridge and when do I need it? Is it only for example, to extend the network for a bigger house (but isn’t mesh that what is supposed to do? :weary: :scream_cat:)?

If I am of topic or if you know a webpage that has some kind of tutorial with all the basic orollogies I would I apreciate it if you can share it with me.

1 Like

Hi, Did you manage to operate the module with ZHA and calibrate it? or the only way is to switch to Z2M? I’m new to the system and have few QS-Zigbee_C01in hand

No. Finally I changed to Zigbee2MQTT just a few days later. With Z2M I could calibrate.

Thanks, I will try to switch (I never used Z2M so I’m installing it now)

Hi, I having problem to setup the Z2M, do you know good place to read how to do it?
The CC2531 can not be found…
Thanks,

Hello all,

I followed this interesting conversation about shutter zigbee as I am myself looking for a solution.
My shutter are actioned by dry contact between two wires ( one for up and one for down) with a common.
This is all low voltage, not like usual contact of the 220v with either side of the motor.

Unfortunately, most is the zigbee relay it shutter control work by connecting the 220v, but I could not find any usual relay zigbee which does the following:
Input Common from motor controller not connected
Input Common from motor controller connected to up input
Input Common from motor controller connected to out input

I tried the aqara dual relay switch, but it ALWAYS send the 220v to the relay output!

Does the sunricher works with dry contacts?

Any advice?
Thank you

Hi,

After long study I decided to change to Zigbee2MQTT and now all is working fine.

Itzik

1 Like

Z2M also not 100% perfect. I just bought MOES zigbee curtain module which is also RF capable, but the calibration doen’t work under Z2M. I tried with a zigbee HUB on the cloud and works perfectly, so it is e.g. a Z2M issue.

I’ve added the QS-Zigbee-C01 in ZHA.
Followed this guide: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/46146#issuecomment-871136798
And now it works :slight_smile:

1 Like