After update to Home Assistant 2023.6 whole network loses internet connection

Yesterday I updatet my Home Assistant instance (running on a Raspberry Pi 4 with SSD) to 2023.6 my whole network lost internet connection. The network itself stayed online and all local devices were accessible, but nothing could reach the internet. Once I turned off the raspberry pi with Home Assistant, everything was able to reach the internet again. Every time Home Assistant was online, the internet was down and vice versa.

I’ve done a fresh install of 2023.6, but the internet keeps going down as soon as Home Assistant is online. Home Assistant itself also has no internet connection (can’t download terminal).

Does anybody have a suggestion to make this work?

Edit: Turning off UPNP on my Draytek solved the issue for now, as said in the issue on github via @sparkydave

1 Like

Hi, what kind of HA installation do you run and do you have any extra add-on for network monitoring or the likes?
Are you sure you don’t have an IP conflict?

1 Like

Not sure if this is related. I also saw a post from Paulus saying to remove zeroconf (part of default config) from the config as a fix for others.

2 Likes

Hi,

I running Home Assistant OS10.2 and did a reinstall following this guide. I currently have zero add-ons, it’s a clean install which with nothing added.

I’ll try removing the zeroconf from the config and report back.
I’ve disabled UPNP on my Draytek Vigor2925 and everything is working as it should (except for the UPNP).

Now I just need to restore the system.
Thank you both!

1 Like

Good it got solved!

Please take the time to mark the answer as solution, you do that by selecting the three dots under the post:

Then select the check box:

Don’t forget too while you’re down there to click the heart to like the post, as a way of saying thank you.

1 Like