MQTT Alarm configuration - how to integrate with a MQTT-enabled hardware alarm panel?

Hello,

I have an RF alarm panel, so I bought an sonoff RF bridge and flashed with tasmota, so now I have the RF codes on MQTT.
I’m thinking of using the MQTT alarm panel in HA but I don’t know how to use the JSON I get in MQTT message so I can arm/disarm the panel…
Any ideas and help?

Thanks!

Well, looks like you need to configure your mqtt alarm integration.
Namely, set command and state topics, maybe define value_template, payload_xxx etc.
As you haven’t provided anything more specific, that’s the answer.

you need to convert it via value_template or the like.

By the way, have a look at this custom alarm as it has MQTT capabilities and can be integrated with your alarm panel.

Hello,

The tasmota send MQTT packages tasmota/tele/RESULT with “RfReceived”:{“Sync”:17460,“Low”:580,“High”:1700,“Data”:“3536F1”,“RfKey”:“None”} for ARMED and Data: 3536F0 for DISARMED.
How can I put this information in the alarm panel?
Where do I say that Data:3536F1 is ARMED and Data: 3536F0 is DISARMED?

Thanks!

I’m not familiar with MQTT Alarm at all so just guessing that this can work provided your state topic is tasmota/tele/RESULT and messages look like {‘RfReceived’:{‘Data’:‘3536F1’}} (don’t forget to declare your state topic!):

value_template: >
  {% set code = value_json['RfReceived']['Data'] %}
  {% set code_map={'3536F1':'ARM_AWAY', '3536F0':'DISARM'} %}
  {% if code in code_map %}
    {{ code_map[code] }}
  {% else %}
    unknown
  {% endif %}

but there’s a lot more to configure as this bit is only to display your alarm’s state in HA.
I’d recommend renaming your topic to something like: “MQTT Alarm configuration - how to integrate with a MQTT-enabled hardware alarm panel?”