Alexa (Echo) emulated hue support broken?

You should be able to go to 63 devices. Prior to me leaving emulated hue, I was at 61.

What does your value_template look like on your template switch. I’d be willing to bet that you don’t properly return an ‘on/off’ state for alexa to read. I.E. After you turn the switch on, it doesn’t report on. Post your switch here and I can help you tailor it so it does.

Somehow I missed this reply a LONG time ago and I apologize for that. I think things started to work again so I forgot but the last few weeks I’ve had a lot of issues with Alexa. From another thread you were on I saw about how to deregister and factory reset Echo’s to fix duplicate entries. That worked so thanks for the comments! However, now I am having issues where Alexa won’t discover any of my switches which includes zwave switches and template switches. If I check http://<IPaddr>/api/pi/lights I can see that “Garage” which is a zwave switch is there and also see “COOKING TIME” which is a template switch is also there but Alexa can’t discover them. On the emulated hue page it says to use the Alexa app to add a “switch” and use “other”. I tried that and also tried adding a “plug” and then other. However, Alexa can’t discover either of those zwave switches nor any of my other switches. I even went back to “0.114.4” I noticed that the api/pi/lights information is formatted differently for 0.114.4 vs the latest which I think is 0.116.4 but neither of those actually worked for me.

Here is a snippit of my configuration.yaml. Only the light entities actually are discovered by Alexa. I specifically expose the switch domain and this always worked in the past.

emulated_hue:
  host_ip: 192.168.1.202
  listen_port: 80
  off_maps_to_on_domains:
    - script
  expose_by_default: false
  exposed_domains:
    - light
    - switch
  entities:
    switch.accent_level:
      name: "ACCENT LEVEL"
      hidden: false
    switch.bathroom:
      name: "BATHROOM"
    switch.all_house:
      name: "ALL HOUSE"

If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Also, you had asked about how I setup my template switches. None of them are working now but below is how I set it up. It might not be the best way.

- platform: template
    switches:
      cooking_time:
        friendly_name: "COOKING TIME"
        value_template: "{{ is_state('cooking_time', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: scene.turn_on
          entity_id: scene.scene_cooking_time
        turn_off:
          service: scene.turn_on
          data:
            entity_id: scene.scene_kitchen_off

UPDATE: I found the solution and only minutes after writing this long post! After searching through GitHub I found this issue. The trick is in the emulated_hue section to add lights_all_dimmable: true Now I see there is a brightness component to the /api/pi/lights for my switches and Alexa found the missing switches.

Here is what my yaml looks like now. Hopefully this will help someone else out.

emulated_hue:
  host_ip: 192.168.1.202
  listen_port: 80
  lights_all_dimmable: true
  off_maps_to_on_domains:
    - script
  expose_by_default: false
  exposed_domains:
    - light
    - switch
  entities:
    switch.accent_level: