Alexa Media Player failing at startup

I take it this is dead now? Alexa media not loading for me at all. I reinstalled and when I try to log into alexa to give it 2FA codes it just loops between entering password and going back to log in.

This is literally the only reason I pay 7 quid a month to HACs.

It has 1 foot in the grave. Daniel is trying to fix everything he finds, however there’s a larger bug that requires some major rework with how HTTP is being used so that it stops blocking HA’s event loop. A reload of the integration typically fixes the issue, but its seemingly random on my end.

That money does not go to Alexa Media Player developers, you’re giving money to people who created HACS. They are unrelated.

He Petro yes I understand that, I was expressing my concern at no alexa, its the only reason I use HACS.

Yes I have had a reload issue frequently over the last year but a refresh sorted it, No such luck this time so I deleted and readded, but when it goes to the alexa sign in it just loops. So I cannot sign in to get the key.

Such a shame, I’ll take a look at Homebridge. HAC own solution looks interesting but I just want a solution I am not geeky enough!

This is such a shame. Alexa is a great way to power speakers all over the house. I keep hearing Assist but don’t see how it replaces a media player. This one a priority for me and love how it works now. Is anyone aware of another platform that can do it , like Homebridge or Node Red,and could that be controlled from a Home Assistant dashboard?

Hey @garethsnaim, have you tried the follow workaround that was posted on Github?

Through trial and error trying to figure out the flow sequence, I was able to trick it and get to the OTP window.

After you’ve cycled through name, password and back to name, select the option Create Account New to Amazon? Fill in a first & last name (anything at all as not going to matter so “Q W” is quick and easy to type!)

Amazon will then inform you that an account with your email already exists.

At that point re-select “Sign in Already a customer?” and proceed with the email and password windows and then the OTP window should appear.

By that point though, the integration generated OTP has likely expired but you can just enter your current app generated OTP code and it should work.

If it returns to the integration add window and it just sits and spins and never progresses, that likely means the proxy listening session has expired and you’ll have to repeat the process.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a try

How did you make out? Did you get past the login phase?

It worked for me.Thanks

The problem is the new three page login sequence with email, then password, then 2SV
AMP was programmed to do the callback after two pages (the way the Amazon login used to be) but gets an “unsuccessful” response after only two pages since the login sequence did not finish all three pages and AMP returns you to the previous (first) page to try again. So…

At this screen, select the first option

Enter “x x” for First and last name and click CREATE YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT

When that fails, select Sign in Already a customer?

The page then changes to show both email & password on the same page. (which is still the first page in the callback sequence)

Now you can select SIGN IN which then proceeds to the 2nd page which is Two-Step Verification

and the callback to HA will then occur where it will test if your email, password & OTP login was successful or not. If not, it sends you back to the first page in Amazon’s new 3 page sequence.