Alexa now requiring cloud component?

and Docker cuts that time down into seconds…

No clue. I don’t have a lot of things either and there is nothing of use in the logs. I’ve seen a handful of people report issues (getting timer out of sync messages and laggy automations), so it isn’t just me. If 0.61 still causes me problems I’ll probably spend more time trying to debug it.

@ReneTode Correct. I didn’t change anything. I use node-red only because emulated_hue stopped working for me months ago. But it’s unrelated to the Alexa cloud component. There are other issues with 0.61 and I may roll back to 0.60.1 for awhile until there’s an update.

@Bobby_Nobble Exactly!! This is what we’ve both been saying and you know by March when they start charging there’s going to be tons of people on the forums complaining and looking for support. Not that I don’t want to help people, but out of principle I wouldn’t because it’s not fair they pocket the cash and get out of having to do technical support. It’s just a huge ethics problem in my mind.

1 Like

docker is one of those things that everyone says is awesome, but I haven’t quite learned it yet. We are starting to pick it up at work, but outside of HA I’ve never seen anyone use it for anything.

1 Like

I think this would be more clearly stated as, "Customizations for how entities are exposed to Alexa when using the cloud are no longer set via customize.

2 Likes

most of the web services I support for my company are running in Docker on a couple of Rancher clusters. It’s really cool.