Alexa tts service

good thinking, allthough you reopened a 2 month old topic.
i did send a pm.

Thatā€™s true but for some reason they have it that way in the examples on the media player on their github:

It probably should be changed.

Yeah, Iā€™ve never looked at the examples. The minus sign should just be removed, the carrot is needed for the multi line business. Maybe you can put the minus sign beforeā€¦ all the documenation for YAML says thatā€™s wrong though outside of HA. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Ah. I knew I wasnā€™t crazy. Thanks finity!

I have things setup however when I try and send Alexa a TTS command Alexa says that text to speech can only be called by the notify dot alexa media service. Is there something I missed in the setup?

no its just what it says. to use tts you need to use a service.

OK. Why does it have the TTS test that gets created automatically as a tile if it wonā€™t work? Is that just something that canā€™t be controlled? It seems like a message coming from Amazon, so if I go into HA and create a service not sure that would be any different but will try and figure it out.

Is that just something that canā€™t be controlled?

indeed, that gets created automatically

It seems like a message coming from Amazon

but it isnt. its a message that HA sends to amazon

so if I go into HA and create a service not sure that would be any different

it will because then you do what the message tells you.
how else would amazon know about: notify dot alexa media service (notify.alexa_media_service)?
on amazon there is no such thing.

Thanks, thought I followed all the instructions but must have missed something.

does anyone know how to add pauses in the middle of these responses?

I would like to add my full YouTube Playlist on HA and Alexa - For not only TTS but [almost] full control of devices/entities using voice.
You can find it here:

1 Like