Alternative to Amazon Dash Button using 433Mhz button

I got one in my hand few days ago for testing. Somehow I feel the buttons on the remote are not satisfactory. I have to press the button quite hard for it to be registered. It doesn’t have those “clicky” feedback. This will cause issue for day to day use. It is a shame tho coz I really like the size and weight. I think I will put this project on hold until I find another suitable button.

@masterkenobi any news about that? And did you create a github acount? I would like to see your home assistant config.

But you can put two buttons. One for add item and other for remove item.
But the cost to built it is more expensive and is not preety. But works fine.

@masterkenobi @Rodolfo_Vieira

Have a look at these buttons:

They’re fairly cheap (around 2.1 USD when on sale), push mechanism seems quite robust and the units have discrete codes. I’m unsure about the battery life as I purchased them quite recently, but considering that the 86 mm wall switch with same battery is still at 11V after one year of usage, I think that 3-4 years seems attainable.

I did buy only the white version (there are also all-black and white&red) and all units have different codes so I assume this is the case for the other colors if not already paired with a relay (in which case they’re programmed with the same code).

An (much more) expensive option would be with the buttons for restaurants as it would allow for multiple actions on the same unit (3 actions on a 2 button or 7 actions with the below)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Waterproof-Green-Wireless-Calling-Paging-System-Coffee-Restaurant-Call-Transmitter-Button-Service-433MHz-F3255G/32713407464.html

1 Like

Hello, it’s been a while and wanted to know if anyone has found a solid solution. So far I’m leaning towards what @Petrica recommended (the cheap units) . I figure I can use this with my Broadlink devices.

Hi @keith-michael ,

Unfortunately, after dismantling, found the buttons mentioned use 3 x CR2016 instead of the 12V garden variety (such as (A)23(A) or (A)27(A)) specified in the product link.

They do come in multiple color form (full black and white&red alongside full white) and I managed to pair parts (middle and outside ring) from different units so I now have a lot more button design: all black/all white/black&white/white&black - yeap different set :slight_smile:/ black&red/etc

6 months later, batteries are still working (at a rate of 4/5 presses per week). It should be mentioned that the batteries were already at 60% of their capacity when received and lost another 10% meanwhile.

1 Like