Alternative Tuya smart outlet setup

Hey, which component did you use to get yours to work? The one linked in the OP is gone now, and I’ve ben getting errors with another I’ve been trying.

1 Like

I’m also trying to find the proper tuya.py file :point_up_2:

Bump for the proper tuya.py. it really irks me that default integration requires outside internet connectivity

Linked here, let me know if that doesn’t work. @kikettas @varjo

One note: I have some devices that seem to respond poorly to being controlled/queried by the custom component, they will randomly crash after being controlled or queried and then the device stays off. I believe this is an issue with the firmware on the device, not a problem with the component.

I ended up having to use the custom component (I use it where I can cause it’s fast, and no internet connection is needed) AS WELL AS the official Tuya component for other devices. This will lead to a name conflict, so if you do this you need to name the custom component tuya_custom.py or something…

1 Like

Wonderful, thank you! Assuming no custom component works with Tuya bulbs yet? Local is definitely nice for responsiveness.

I ended up flashing Tasmota to both devices (both have the ESP8266 chip) :sweat_smile:. Thank you anyway @aneisch for sharing it!

Thanks for that. I’m getting errors that some dependencies couldn’t be loaded now.

Once I had the info in my text editor, it made the information more readable to replace all &quot with a space.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly, until the OP’s dev_data_storage.xml didn’t exist.
Someone else said to check preferences_global_keySEEMINGLY_RANDOM_STRING.xml, which does exist, however it is basically an empty XML file.
Has anybody had this issue and figured it out?

I had the same problem. I realized that it only works with older versions of TuyaSmart. I originally tested with 3.13.0 and got the empty xml as well. I uninstalled that and installed the older version 3.1.3.
I used apkcombo.com to download the older version and then installed it via ADB
Version 3.1.3 writes the information to the file named preferences_global_key…numbers…xml

Using 3.1.3 I could not log in using my phone number so I created a new account based on email address instead.
That worked fine.

Where can I find the 3.1.3 of Smart Life? It seems to be not available now…

@Newlance

APK Mirror has all the versions :slight_smile:
https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=smart+life

No… it stops at 3.4.1… I need 3.1.3

Sorry my bad. You are right.
You risky do you feel :smiling_imp:
I don’t know apkpure like APK Mirror but they have it…
https://apkpure.com/smart-life/esrith.meawms/download/30051-APK

@sleeepy2 please avoid junk comments :slight_smile:

This is not Smart Life app, but “Mea Smart Life”… I understand that you are willing to help :slight_smile: but please check before pasting links :slight_smile:

If you are up to get the ID and key from your tuya, try the 3.4.1. I used 3.3.0 and it worked as well. I think the problem starts from 3.1x.x and above.

If it wouldn’t work i can send you the 3.3.0. (as a file, the link doesn’t work anymore) :slight_smile:

I used the 3.12.6 and it works…

I got the IDs and I can access to them!! Woowww it’s super fast if compared with cloud behaviour…

Lights are not recognized as color ones…
Do you know how to fix the custom light.py file? I fixed the official one…

Why lights are not recognized as RGB if running in local mode?