AM43 blinds control through MQTT

any update?

guys!
Please can someone share or advise on the steps to install such pluginā€¦ this is my last smart home device to add to home assistantā€¦ I have never used mqtt (other than installing it) I am a window user (not the smart Linux guy)ā€¦ please can you share more steps to be able to control my blinds/// its been weeks with no luck for a none technical guy like me

Hi @buxtronix

Which ESP32 are you using? I have one i.e. ESPRESSIF ESP32-WROOM-32 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071JR9WS9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from amazon but it isnt getting detected by my computer.I have installed the correct board on arduino etc and the drivers.

Thanks.

Any news about merge and esphome?

Nothing as yet, the PR has been left unmerged for months. I have synced the branch to head, so weā€™ll see. Looking at making a fork with the am43 component.

FYI, my pair of blinds have been running near flawless for months with automation.

2 Likes

Hi can you recommend on the esp32 that you are using please?

I am using an M5Stack Atom, but also had success with a Lolin32 Pro. I think I even tested on an ESP32-CAM module.

1 Like

Hi Buxtronix,

I am so desperate to have my bluetooth blinds into home assistant.

I am a stupid windows user and whats been discussed doesnt make senseā€¦ could you please advise of online tutorial or so to let me setup these blindsā€¦ this will be my last items to add to home assistant and its been two months with no luckā€¦

Any sort of guidance will be appreciatedā€¦ Thanks

Hi @buxtronix this one should work right? https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/atom-lite-esp32-development-kit?variant=31880100708435&currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6eu69dKE7gIVcWHmCh1ckgoGEAQYASABEgIEp_D_BwE

That one is it, yes.

1 Like

Hey @buxtronix, fantastic work! Managed to get everything up and running. Would you consider merging in some of the changes from this fork? https://github.com/ukdavewood/am43

Primarily, the largest changes are around setting it up for more than 3 devices

@john17 Happy to take a look. Please raise a PR and Iā€™ll check it out.

Sounds good! Also made some minor modifications.

Hey thanks you for this. Although I love Home Assistant, sometimes things like this are not as easy to do as they should be but this worked straight away.

I had one issues that the Arduino IDE didnā€™t have the PubSubClient installed and therefore the sketch didnā€™t compile. A quick installation of it and everything worked flawlessly.

@buxtronix Many thanks for your code. You mentioned above you already tried to upload the code to espcam and it did work. Have you tried to upload your code ALONGSIDE the espCam webserver by any chance? i.e. two projects, one sketch? I have already had a look at the two repos and they can be nicely merged. Happy to continue that but wanted to be sure that I am not redoing any already executed task.

@aryankids you wonā€™t get both running at once, as there is not enough memory on the device. Bluetooth leaves almost none left for other tasks, and Iā€™ve already had to tweak it to eliminate oom crashesā€¦

1 Like

@buxtronix many thanks for the prompt response. How about if I sacrifice the OTA? wouldnā€™t that extra space between SPIFFS and NO OTA be enough to run these two together? I know the consequence of such a move but would like to have your professional view before I dive into the ocean :slight_smile: Or how about using the SD card option on espcam? can that be used for this purpose? Sorry to ask too many questions :wink: any pointer would do the job

@aryankids alas itā€™s not about flash space, itā€™s a shortage of RAM.

OTA, SPIFFS, etc are about flash, and have no effect on ram.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Is there any custom component for HA to control the AM43 blind engines?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just uploaded my ESPHome / AM43 code to my fork. Whilst itā€™s all awaiting the PR to be merged into the main Esphome repository, you can grab it here:

Example ESPHome config I use for two blinds:

esp32_ble_tracker:

ble_client:
  - mac_address: 02:4D:FB:F0:6B:22
    id: art_left
  - mac_address: 02:69:32:F0:C4:1F
    id: art_right

cover:
  - platform: am43_cover
    name: "ArtLeft Cover"
    id: art_left_cover
    ble_client_id: art_left