Ambient Weather stopped working after 103 update

This integration has no devices.
Entity not available: sensor.aws2902_ …all of them
From the hassio log
2019-12-14 10:04:38 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up ambient_station
2019-12-14 10:04:38 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain amb ent_station took 0.0 seconds.
2019-12-14 10:04:39 INFO (MainThread) [engineio.client] Attempting WebSocket connection to wss://dash2.ambientweather.net/socket.io/?api=1&applicationKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&transport=websocket&EIO=3
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ambient_station/init.py”, line 439, in ws_connect
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ambient_station/init.py”, line 350, in _attempt_connect
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aioambient/websocket.py”, line 76, in connect
2019-12-14 10:04:46 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded ambiclimate from homeassistant.components.ambiclimate

Should be fixed in 0.103.1

I had to do some searching but was able to find the files that contained the api url. If you have portainer installed, it is easiest.

Launch console in container homeassistant and issue these commands

cd /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aioambient
grep -nwli . -e 'dash2.ambientweather.net'

The only 2 files that I had with dash2 were websockets.py and api.py.

vi is the only editor installed in the container and it works well. Just replace dash2 with api and you should be good to go. My ambient station has been updating without fail now for a while.

Well, bad news is that the api is still having issues. I am able to reach api.ambientweather.net from the homeassistant docker container with no issues, but am not receiving any data from the ambient integration while I am seeing some other errors.

Same here - same behavior - works until HA is restarted - cannot get it back after that

This is terrible. I get maybe 2 or 3 updates an hour and then death of the api.

@vdrainer @bachya have you seen any improvement?

This was fixed here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/38519 – but it looks like the intended release (0.113.4) wasn’t officially released. Can you upgrade to the latest beta and see if that helps?

Incidentally, I’ve been running that for quite a while and haven’t seen any interruptions:

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 9.48.41 AM

I just ran this command hoping this is the right version.

sudo docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant:beta

The station is updating, but this is the norm. It updates for a while and then stops. I’ll report back later.

I believe the beta solved it. I haven’t lost data for 2 hours. Thanks @bachya. Do you happen to know when this fix will hit the mainstream?

temp

It looks like we skipped over a 0.113.4 patch (unsure why), so it’ll land with 0.114, which is scheduled for 8/12 (next Wednesday).

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll look forward to the api stopping again Tuesday.