Amcrest Camera Sensor - What would be nice to have in your opinion?

Hmm I seem to be getting a “Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!” message. Is this a private topic?

Hello @raff,

I’m running the firmware build:2017-06-29 and version 2.520.AC00.18.R. Currently, I have 2 different models: IP2M-841, IPM-723 however only the IP2M-841 has PTZ controls.

How are you trying to control use? You can use the python-amcrest library to control them. For example:

Then basically when I click the camera move. The configuration underneath is like this:

#shell_commands.yaml
amcrestcam2_goto_preset_crib: /home/hass/.virtualenvs/hass_venv/bin/amcrest-cli --camera amcrestcam2 --ptz-goto-preset 0 1
amcrestcam2_goto_preset_crib_zoom: /home/hass/.virtualenvs/hass_venv/bin/amcrest-cli --camera amcrestcam2 --ptz-goto-preset 0 4
amcrestcam2_goto_preset_roomview: /home/hass/.virtualenvs/hass_venv/bin/amcrest-cli --camera amcrestcam2 --ptz-goto-preset 0 2
amcrestcam2_goto_preset_nursechair: /home/hass/.virtualenvs/hass_venv/bin/amcrest-cli --camera amcrestcam2 --ptz-goto-preset 0 3
amcrestcam2_goto_preset_mattress_zoom: /home/hass/.virtualenvs/hass_venv/bin/amcrest-cli --camera amcrestcam2 --ptz-goto-preset 0 5

Note that by default, the amcrest-cli will read a configuration set on your directory like this:

↪ ls -la ~/.config/amcrest.conf 
-rw-rw-r--. 1 mdemello mdemello 384 May  5 23:50 /home/mdemello/.config/amcrest.conf

↪ cat /home/mdemello/.config/amcrest.conf
[amcrestcam1]
hostname: 192.168.0.1
username: admin
password: secret
port: 80

[amcrestcam2]
hostname: 192.168.0.2
username: admin
password: secret
port: 80

Please let me know if that helps you.

You can refer for the documentation at https://github.com/tchellomello/python-amcrest#command-line for more examples on how to use the amcrest-cli

mmello

I know this is an old thread, but I’m looking for some help. My son has seizures, so I installed an Amcrest POE camera over his bed to record his night movements. I’ve got the motion detection tied to our nightstand Google Home, playing a short alert when he tosses and turns. I know the camera support audio alarms. Is there a way to activate an audio sensor similar to the motion sensor?
Thanks.

I’ve done quite a bit of enhancement to the Amcrest integration (although I haven’t gotten to the point of being able to share it yet), so I’ve been in the code and I have the HTTP Protocol API Spec from Amcrest. I know via the web interface of my IP2M-841 that there does appear to be settings for enabling and controlling audio detection. However, looking through the spec I don’t see where it has provisions for that. (Nor have I dug into that aspect yet since I didn’t need that capability.) If you like I can spend more time on this tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. Unless someone else knows already.

I’d appreciate all the help I can get. Or if you can point me to where I’d find the HTTP Protocol, I’m game to try and figure it out myself. Thank you.

I believe I found it here:

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/articles/232310528-Amcrest-HTTP-API-SDK

2 Likes

Hi,

Is two-way audio supported? I’d love to switch my cameras over to HA but need two-way for a couple of them…

Thanks

Would like to see audio detection supported too.

The ffmpeg audio detector built in to home assistant didn’t seem very reliable.

If you amcrest is dahua oem like they often are then you can use this one.

Supports
AudioMutation: intensity change
AudioAnomaly: input abnormal