Android IP Webcam as a camera plus sensors!

i recorded a vídeo to sharing my problema… the delay is very huge…

The refresh on the “dashboard” appears to be around 10 seconds. If you click on the image for the feed, you should see it in almost real time in the modal

1 Like

Oh, you are right, thanks for that, I thought the image on “dashboard” was in real time.

No worries, I thought the same thing at first

Setup went without any problems, also I do not experience any lag (only 1 second or so). The only problem I have is that my battery drains faster than it’s getting charged so that makes it useless. Using an very old Samsung Galaxy S3. Which devices are you using?

And yes, I did enable the screen off feature.

I use an older Galaxy S, but i have it charging all the time.

You may want to check the power adapter to make sure it’s providing the max power the phone can take. If you are using an adapter that outputs a lower amount, it may not be able to keep up. Try a different charger.

its working as supposed and i am very glad with it (istalled it today)
the only thing i noticed which is annoying:
as soon as the cam goes down, HA keep giving a connectionerror.2 times every 11 seconds.

I have a S3 that has been stable. I went through many power adapters and cables. Try at least 1amp, most Samsung wall warts are 2.1amp now

those 700ma ones will just cause issues, might get a day before the battery drains. Also I found running tasker to reboot the device helped. Make sure IP webcam is set for stream at boot and it set to reboot during the night. S3 runs for weeks without issue, otherwise it was every 2 days it would crash or kill app for some reason.

you need a bigger power supply: 2A

Thanks for all your replies. Today I managed to get a full day of use (1280x720) after freezing allmost every app except for IP Webcam. I’m using an 2.1 amp charger. Battery is still at 100% :slight_smile:

Update: strange thing. Today my cam run from 7:30 until 18:00 with a steady full battery at 100%. The image was displaying live on my frontend (tested that several times by switching my lights on and off). After I got home, I opened a direct connection to my browser (http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080). Suddenly the battery dropped almost 60% in 30 minutes!
It was also getting dark by that time so there could be 2 reasons for the sudden extreme drop:

1. The connection from my browser drained the battery;
  2. The loss of sunlight makes it harder for the cam to produce a steady image and thus the battery dropped like crazy.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I have à Sony Xperia with the standard cables
Mine have been on for 3 days
100% bat, yesterday it did record alot

i put my old galaxy inside a one case , after that i did the instalation, and i make a holl on the cover, and put it on hall.
the result:

Imgur
i have a door bell 433mhz , and when someone press the door bell i receive notification imediatly on my phone.
thank you so much for this @timwood

Imgur

3 Likes

Nice, but I think there might be something wrong with how you’ve mounted the camera… the face is covered in white squiggles :wink:

1 Like

Yes I’m going to open the hole in the lid so that the white does not appear, I’m curious to see your project. Shows us.

Could you tell us how you managed to get the photo sent by telegram?

~Cheers

Awesome, I had the same Idea when I saw this. Last few pieces of the project should be here over the next two days…lol

updated to 0.40.1 tried the Android IP Cam component I’m getting this error

17-03-16 13:24:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing android_ip_webcam because could not install dependency pydroid-ipcam==0.4
17-03-16 13:24:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for android_ip_webcam: Could not install all requirements.
```

hi friend…

- service: notify.telegram
  data:
    title: 'Home Assistant'
    data:
      photo:
        url: http://192.168.1.98:8080/photo.jpg
        caption: 'Campainha da Escada'
3 Likes

Did not know you could use url for photo. Does this work outside of your network? So it uploads the picture to telegram?

~Cheers