Android TV HDMI

unfortunately nothing

Same. Using this command "adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.droidlogic.tvinput%2F.services.Hdmi1InputService%2FHW5”…it shows me the current input, but regardless of what I change HW5 to…it doesn’t change.
I know ADB is working, because I can power the TV on demand.
I have a TCL 6-series, by the way.

I can’t quite get it to work just now. If I use:

am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d
    content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.mediatek.tvinput%2F.hdmi.HDMIInputService%2FHW5
    -n org.droidtv.playtv/.PlayTvActivity -f 0x10000000

Nothing whatsoever happens…

but if I remove the -n org.droidtv.playtv/.PlayTvActivity -f 0x10000000 (which incidentally I have no idea what it means) I get the error: Cannot Find TV Input
I have tried HW1-9 and not a single one works, I always get the same error Cannot Find TV Input. Any Ideas?

I can’t tell if just the formatting on the site but it looks like you have line breaks?

It’s all on a single line, one long command

I was able to get it to work using the following script code:

service: androidtv.adb_command
          data:
            entity_id: media_player.android_tv
            command: "HDMI1"

Hope this helps!

Which TV make and model do you have?
I tried this with my TCL 75R646 and it didn’t work for me.
But thank you for another thing for people to try. :slight_smile:

I have a TCL 65S434. In my case:

• HDMI1:
    adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.droidlogic.tvinput%2F.services.Hdmi1InputService%2FHW5
  • HDMI2:
    adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.droidlogic.tvinput%2F.services.Hdmi2InputService%2FHW6
  • HDMI3:
    adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.droidlogic.tvinput%2F.services.Hdmi3InputService%2FHW7

I learned that these work after running logcat with the following command and then changing inputs via my remote:
adb logcat | grep InputService

Hope this helps some others.

4 Likes

thanks after some research my TCL 55C825 work with:

HDMI1

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.tcl.tvinput%2F.passthroughinput.TvPassThroughService%2FHW1413744128

HDMI2

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.tcl.tvinput%2F.passthroughinput.TvPassThroughService%2FHW1413744384

HDMI3

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.tcl.tvinput%2F.passthroughinput.TvPassThroughService%2FHW1413744640

HDMI4

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.tcl.tvinput%2F.passthroughinput.TvPassThroughService%2FHW1413745664

1 Like

Is anyone aware of a command that will take the TV to its Home Screen?

if you use Android TV integration, then just use the command “HOME” - it works in my case

Philips TV 55PUS7406:

HDMI 1

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.mediatek.tvinput%2F.hdmi.HDMIInputService%2FHDMI100004

HDMI 2
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.mediatek.tvinput%2F.hdmi.HDMIInputService%2FHW6

HDMI 3
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.mediatek.tvinput%2F.hdmi.HDMIInputService%2FHW7

HDMI 4

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d content://android.media.tv/passthrough/com.mediatek.tvinput%2F.hdmi.HDMIInputService%2FHW8