Android TV Remote - App Links/Deep Linking - Guide

Hi Jammy,
Did you ever get the deep link for STAN, the Australian streaming service/app?

Hi,

you can use this link, it does not open the store, however I guess that an internet connection is required to make it work :
market://launch?id=org.xbmc.kodi

For Polish app “WP Pilot”, visible as “pl.videostar” (example instead of TV icon):

custom_actions:
tv:
tap_action: null
service: remote.turn_on
data:
activity: redirwppilot://
target:
entity_id: remote.chromecast

GoPlay has been added !

1 Like

Were you able to get this working, I did see that maybe you had the mobile app apk not the TV apk, I got different names but still no luck.

I updated the first post. You can launch any app by its package name. e.g. you can launch Kodi with market://launch?id=org.xbmc.kodi
The package name of an app is shown in the current_activity of the remote entity or you can find it in the URL at the Google Play Store. Many thanks to @albaintor who mentioned this trick in How to launch any app such as Kodi · Issue #17 · tronikos/androidtvremote2 · GitHub

1 Like

If you have a TV (or some other Android device) running Android 7.x or older and you cannot upgrade the OS and you are comfortable editing AndroidManifest.xml and you are comfortable building Android apps and deploying them to your TV, here’s how you can deeplink to apps that do not support deeplinking: https://github.com/losmurfs/DeepLinker

What about a full kiosk browser? Who can provide its own link?

This does not launch the app, it only opens Play Store in its page. But it’s better than nothing, thank you. (Chromecast with Google TV 4K).

Any Idea for Telekom Magenta TV in Germany?

Could anyone kindly provide us with the link to this program, if available? Much appreciated.

Thank you. This worked perfectly for me to create a button that launches hulu:

type: button
icon: mdi:hulu
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: remote.turn_on
  data:
    activity: market://launch?id=com.hulu.livingroomplus
  target:
    entity_id: remote.foo_tv

Would it be possible to launch an app to a specific view?
I’m thinking of e.g. opening the VTM GO app (be.vmma.vtm.zenderapp) to the Live view

Would it be possible to add the following to the Default Sources List?

Name: Sling TV
Source: com.sling

I was able to get it to work using the following configuration:
sling:
icon: phu:slling
tap_action:
action: source
source: com.sling

Name: Dish Anywhere
Source: com.sm.SlingGuide.Dish

I was able to get it to work using the following configuration:
dish-anywhere:
icon: phu:dish-network
tap_action:
action: source
source: com.sm.SlingGuide.Dish

Did you find the deeplinks for these ? (il.co.yes.yesplus)

Additionally I’m looking for the deeplink to activate the google microphone. Anyone figure this one out ? com.google.android.katniss

No need for deep links anymore with ADB. I use the App ID which can be found in settings app. Seems like Google had no naming convention because it’s all over the place. I’ve got a Linux/Android box that has an HDMI input. Below is the app is in setting app for it.

service: media_player.select_source
metadata: {}
data:
  source: com.example.hdmirxdemo
target:
  device_id:  media_player.android_tv_192_168_0_62

The below brings up voice search. If you want to auto type something you can add another ADB commands (input text 'search term’s) with no ()

service: androidtv.adb_command
data:
  command: SEARCH
target:
  entity_id: media_player.android_tv_192_168_0_27

HI,

So basically, it would the source I see on the mediaplayer ? In my case il.co.yes.yesplus ?

Yes it sometimes pulls in the app is, sometimes the app name. The best way to be sure is setting apps, then choose that app but they always match if memory serves me correctly