Android Wear

Will anyone be able to use it? Anyone knows a way how to make a tighter integration with HASS? Do you need cleaned version of json? :slight_smile:

You can use your android wear for actions.
OK Google,ā€¦
ā€¦turn my tv on
ā€¦restart my rasberry
ā€¦kitchen light on
ā€¦room light on
ā€¦turn off everything
etcā€¦

The solution is IFTTT (IF Google Assistant THAN Maker web request)

With emulated hue or the new assistant component you can control everything via Google Assistant on goolge home, assistant on phone or assistant on watch. I have full control of all my devices and scripts from my watch.

Although devices stuck on Marshmallow like the Moto 360 are still out of the picture unless you use something like Tasker. :frowning:

This is about Android Wear isnā€™t it. Your phone version shouldnā€™t have anything to do with assistant running on your watch.

Android Wear is based on Android, the first AW devices shipped with KitKat as Android Wear 1.0. were now up to 2.0 which is based on Nougat. Some devices, like the Moto 360, never got the update to 2.0 (Nougat) and are stuck on 1.5 (Marshmallow) which was released before the Assistant existed. :cat2:

Hey yea I know bassed on Android bit I just always knew it as Wear v1, v1.5 and v2. Bummer you must have first gen 360? Apparently second gen and sport are supported. I have and Old LG R whick works fine, just a bit slow.

Yeah, first gen. Got it when it first came out, shame they decided to use such an old processor. The LG G Watch has an unofficial update so there might be hope still, although the G Watch uses a Snapdragon like the other watches. It still looks the best out of all the watches released so far in my opinion. Iā€™m mostly using my Pebble now though, the fact I donā€™t have to charge it everyday is fantastic and apps are easy to develop for them. :cat:

Iā€™m using the lg sport and all I did was use apps2wear to slide load my garage app onto my watch and it work. But to use that app you will be require to root your phone first

I wanted to put my own +1 on here as well. I know that this thread has essentially died off so Iā€™m very late to the party, but also wanted to suggest that perhaps instead of exposing controls to the user, instead use the Wear device as a sensor source, using the app to report to the HASS instance. It would give users an easy device to target for presence detection without needing to rely on Network Scanning and a native app doing reporting could allow for better metrics. For devices with GPS, it could even report the GPS coordinates to the instance, and perhaps could provide a base sensor for doing some of the work with the Room Presence projects like Room Assistant.

If you have Alexa use this.

Listens for Alexa

Works a treat

YES PLEASE. It has the potential to save lives. You could trigger an automation if some healt related sensor sense anything anormal.

I just got the new Galaxy watch 4, and itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve had a wear OS watch with NFC support, so of course I immediately thought, wouldnā€™t it be great if I could scan tags with my watch instead of my phone to control things through home assistant? Sure buttons for various things would be great on the watch but for the most part I can use voice for that if I need to. The tag scanning though would really be helpful.

2 Likes

for those interested, check the official android repo :wink:

1 Like