Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

That should be correct, yes - obviously make sure your pic is an the img subdirectory but the path is correct.

hmm, file is definately in custom_css/tempate_name/img

@aimc nevermind, docker is killing me today. Have to destroy the container and recreate for new files to show, iā€™ve run into this issue before with the -v on docker run. Sorry to bother.

1 Like

No worries - looking forward to what you come up with :slight_smile:

you just activated a warning light for me lol. Thatā€™s not behavior Iā€™d expect from docker :frowning:

You rmā€™d and recreated the container using the same image and it worked the second time?

yep, stop, rm, docker run ā€¦ -v /local/dashboard:/conf appdaemon:latest

further info, thats the process that made the newly added .jpg to the local/dashboard/custom_css/template_name/img folder work and not give 404 errors.

Thatā€™sā€¦ unexpected. If it happens again maybe we can think about it. Never experienced that behavior myself, so I donā€™t even know what to check (ala, you learn the most when things are broken!)

Maybe as a thought if you do see it, try stop/start so the process is basically starting over. See if thatā€™s enough first.

Great work.

I have it up and running but the input_slider do not show the current value from HA. It works fin in increasing or decreasing the value in HA.

Itā€™s working fine here - can you post your widget and HA config please?

New update. It dose show up after I have change the value one time. But if I refresh the page in browser it do not show up before I change the value.

Butt her are my some of the config.

HA config:

input_slider:
  slider1:
    name: "Kanin Hus"
    initial: 6
    min: 1
    max: 15
    step: 1

dash config:

#
# Main arguments, all optional
#
title: Hello Panel
widget_dimensions: [120, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 8

layout:
    - clock(2x1),sensor.ute_temperature,sensor.yr_temperature,sensor.kaninhus_temp,kanin_temp,ole_presence,siri_presence
    - switch.kjkken,light.tak_stue,switch.varme_kanin_hus
kanin_temp:
    widget_type: input_slider
    entity: input_slider.slider1
    title: Kanin Hus
    increment: 0.5
    units: CĀ°

Are you seeing any errors on you browsers JavaScript console?

Ok, and it makes sense why this is ā€œokā€, the dashboard is primarily for use on tablets around the house. So using it remotely would not have been a primary design objective. But please put addressing the remote issue on the short list of ā€œnice to haveā€™sā€
Thanks

I already did :slight_smile:

Also, I have an attempted fix for the NaN on your media player for beta2, although still need more info to figure out why it isnā€™t controlling it.

If this is in CSS and not variables.yaml, correct syntax would be to alter the body tag:

body {
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #ffffff;
  background-image: url(/custom_css/template_name/img/background_1.jpg);
  background-repeat: repeat
  font-size: 15px;
  padding: 0;
  font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica', 'Open Sans', 'Arial'
}

This is assuming you want to change the background image for the page. Is that what you are trying to do?

Hereā€™s one image more for the evening, itā€™s my first little mash-up of a skin.

Itā€™s so straightforward to try all these changes out on the new system, I think this is going to be addictive for a while :wink:

Iā€™m tending to use title2 instead of the units option, for example it looked way too big for ā€˜mm / hā€™ in Rainfall which fits better above.

The ā€˜entity not foundā€™ entry is just the yahoo weather UV reading going down, is there another way I can deal with those situations?

2 Likes

Tell me about itā€¦ I forgot lunch three days in a row and started eating dinner after 7:00ā€¦ LOL

2 Likes

Feel free if that works, but also remember you can set the font size of the number and units both at the widget level, but also in the skin

1 Like

If itā€™s just one widget, Iā€™d do it at the widget level. But if the unit/sensor values in general are too big for you, do that in the variables.yaml.

1 Like

That depends - does the entity just disappear when it is down? The widget not found error is intended to help people with config, I am loathe to remove that functionality.

1 Like

Oh itā€™s a small thing insofar as it will be back up in a bit.

Usually in the main home assistant web page it disappears completely when thereā€™s no data.

I just wondered if there was a way to keep displaying the entity name, and having something like ā€œn/aā€ for the value?