Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

Really like this layout/style. Can you share the details?

Donā€™t know if this is what you are looking for?:

Itā€™s easy :slight_smile: just call the icon ā€œmd-somethingā€ instead of ā€œfa-somethingā€

Yes, thanks.

Cheers, I guessed you meant ā€˜mdiā€™.

Iā€™m such a happy fool right now :blush:

No point in any screenshots for a bit so!

1 Like

I updated it so that it takes any file with view set to yes and converts that to a .dash file.

1 Like

Pretty cool :slight_smile:

Nice work, up and running in about two hours. Way quicker than v1. I have somehow managed to make my dashboard non responsive. I havenā€™t done anything complicatedā€¦ Yet. Just a single page dashboard.

Any ideas how I might have done that?

Does it work after a reload? Or a restart of AppDaemon? Mine has been pretty stable so you have obviously broken it in a complex and advanced way :slight_smile:

How does it work? There wasnā€™t anything in the repo besides the file.

My latest spruce up attempt.

Time for more pages.

1 Like

Can someone paste a working copy of their systemd file? I cannot get it to work properly without being in the actual directory.

My systemd file looks like this:

[Unit]
Description=HA Dashboard
After=network.target
After=home-assistant.service

[Service]
Type=simple
User=pi
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 -m /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon.appdaemon -c /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf -p /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I had forgotten a file and the readme. Itā€™s out there now.

Basically, you create a template file that has the basic layout of all of your dashboards. For example, mine has the typical header information, then there are a couple of widgets I want created for my headers to pickup. Then I want all the rest of my widgets. Finally I have my layouts area. I have a header I want in all of my pages, then I want all my widgets, and finally I have a footer I want on all of my pages. So I have a template kind of like this included as an example.
ā€¦
header stuff
ā€¦
label:
widget_type: label
text: welcome to room < room > (this is the name of the group being worked on)
clock:
widget_type: clock
< widgets > This is where all the other widgets will be inserted
layout:
- include: header
-
< layout > This is built based on the list of widgets created above. It does not include any widgets hardcoded in the template.
- include: footer

Then you simply run the app by touching it ( from the directory where the app is ā€œtouch buildADDashā€ )

This causes the app to run through the list of groups in home assistant. If the group has view as an attribute (this seems to mean that it has view=yes) then it processes the items in that group, creating a new file for each group. Then it moves on to the next group until it is done.

This does not create a final product, it just saves a little bit of time typing in all of the basic details for all of the entities in each group. It creates all groups with a widget size of 1x1. You can then pretty up each dashboard as you choose.

1 Like

Are you running it under a virtual environment?

Noā€¦ straight install. No docker, no virtual environment.

HASS is in a virtual environment created by the AIO installer.

Doco error:

weather

Up to date weather reports. Requires dark sky to be configured in Home Assistant with at minimum the following sensors:

No list follows.

1 Like

Ha, yeah. Iā€™m pretty advanced when it comes to breaking g stuff.

Iā€™ll try turning it off and on a few times and see what happens.

Wow fellas. We are approaching a very awesome dashboard. Just out of curiosityā€¦ Is there already someone who has cam included in the dashboardā€¦ And guys. We need a showroom!

I am thinking about havin different backgrounds according to time of the day weather or luminanceā€¦ work in progress though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™d love that!

I like how the background changes with the Weather in Kodi, is that the kind of thing you had in mind?