Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

Shouldn’t be hard, I’ll add it to the list. Only issue is that HADashboard supports active an inactive icons, but I can just use the HA icon for noth and you can override if desired in the widget definition.

2 Likes

That would be great if someone like me wants both HA and AdDashboard look and feel same.
Thanks

Can you pass a variable into a scene or into a dashboard through the URL

NOt yet although I am planning some integration between the two - along the lines of letting AppDaemon send state information to the Dashboard.

2 Likes

If you think of it in terms of CSS, the widgets are the box-model. Changing the size only changes the size of the box, not the styles of the content.

I’m having this same exact issue.

ha_admin@habuntu:~/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon$ python3 -m appdaemon.appdaemon -c ~/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 184, in _run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “/home/ha_admin/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/appdaemon.py”, line 35, in
import appdaemon.appdash as appdash
File “/home/ha_admin/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/appdash.py”, line 13, in
import appdaemon.dashboard as dashboard
File “/home/ha_admin/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon/dashboard.py”, line 7, in
from jinja2 import Environment, BaseLoader, FileSystemLoader, select_autoescape
ImportError: cannot import name ‘select_autoescape’

I tell it to install jinja2 2.9.5 and it installs 2-2.8 markup 0.23

ha_admin@habuntu:~/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon$ pip3 install Jinja2==2.9.5
Collecting Jinja2==2.9.5
Using cached Jinja2-2.9.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting MarkupSafe>=0.23 (from Jinja2==2.9.5)
Installing collected packages: MarkupSafe, Jinja2
Successfully installed Jinja2-2.8 MarkupSafe-0.23
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 9.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

So when’s beta 2 going to be released?

I found the culprit; there apparently was an invalid character in the config. Most probably due to an invalid line end by using the wrong EOL settings in one of my editing programs.

.the docs are very large. So maybe some users here could post their Screenshots and config they did to make it easier for people to start… Like me… :blush:

the easiest way i can think of. (but its my way)

a main.dash like this:

title: Main Panel
widget_dimensions: [120, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 4

layout:
    - input_boolean.huiskamerverwarming,   sensor.huiskamer_box_4_1,    switch.hboog,           switch.epchoek
    - input_slider.huiskamerthermostaata,  switch.kachel_9_2,           switch.hbank,           switch.ewandmeubel
    - input_slider.huiskamerthermostaatb,  switch.kachel_9_3,           switch.hrozenhoek,      switch.eraamhoek
    - input_slider.huiskamerthermostaatc,  switch.irverwarming,         switch.kachel_9_1,      input_boolean.allesuit
    - input_slider.huiskamerthermostaatd,  switch.relay_template_35_1,  input_boolean.swr3,     input_slider.radio_volume
    - input_slider.huiskamerthermostaate,  switch.relay_template_35_2,  spacer,                 spacer
    - dashboard.buiten,                    dashboard.keuken,            dashboard.slaapkamer,   dashboard.gang     

wil result in a dashboard.
from that moment on i start finetuning.
for each entity i create a file with the name entity.yaml like switch.kachel_9_2.yaml
in those files you can finetune all kind of settings like title, icons etc.

widget_type: switch
title: Huiskamer
title2: kachel stand 1
entity: switch.kachel_9_2
icon_on: fa-fire
icon_off: fa-fire

When I get to the end of my list of stuff to do! A lot of the work is under the covers - rewriting widgets, adding error checks etc.

Why, what are you expecting to see in it?

Nothing, just curious.

It will probably be in the next week or so - there will be several new widgets but as I said, a lot of under the cover stuff. So far there haven’t been many bug reports for which I am grateful :slight_smile: The only one I know of is a problem with the input_slider which has been reworked anyway.

Aha! Makes sense. Glad you fixed it.

Does V2 support for control input select or input slider?

Input Slider has it’s own widget. Input Select works with the Mode widget, but it will only track the state of an input_select by showing active when it is set to a specific value. It also allows scripts to be run when that specified value is activated.

Andrew just mentioned above that he has reworked the slider and I think he is working on a more traditional input select as well.

Correct - for now we have a somewhat finctional model for sliders that applies to anything that has plus or minus values - dimmers, input_sliders, media players. Post beta I will rewrite this to a much more frienbdly popup dialog with a big slider that is easy to use on a tablet. At that time I will also make a fully functional input select as they will both use the same notion of a popup that I haven;t coded yet.

3 Likes

Great! I hope it will coming soon!

thanks so much… this is a beginning … will play with this :slight_smile:

If you’re using an Android tablet, I’ve found that changing this to 115 X 115 does wonders for the fit.

1 Like