Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

I don’t know :innocent:

How can I find out? :slight_smile:

Ok, you probably need to upgrade your requests library. I’ll tell you how to do that later but for now comment out that line.

If you don’t know then you are more than likely not using it as it would require a bit of setup that you would remember.

Thanks! Getting up to speed now, will post screenshots when I’m done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am going through the DASHBOARD.MD file and making the changes required.

I put in a host name for the dash_url and restarted. It came back listening on what I though at first was the localhost address, no big deal, but it didn’t work. Then I noticed the following.

2017-03-04 11:13:12.132805 INFO Listening on (‘127.0.1.1’, 5050)

local host does respond to pings correctly

(venv) pi@haweb:~/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon$ sudo ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.075 ms
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.095 ms
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.102 ms

Setup like that you will only be able to connect with a browser running on the PI.

But you didn’t actually say what the problem was? Are you unable to Connect?

Look at the address it’s listening on. 127.0.1.1 instead of 127.0.0.1

Ahh I see - can you post your config? In the mean time try the interface IP address.

yea the IP address worked, I already switched to that.

Here is what it was like that generated the strange address.

(venv) pi@haweb:~/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon$ cat conf/appdaemon.cfg
[AppDaemon]
ha_url = http://hass2:8123 
logfile = /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon.log 
errorfile = /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon.err
threads = 10
latitude = 
longitude = 
elevation = 
time_zone = 
app_dir = /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf/apps
dash_url = http://haweb:5050
dash_dir = /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf/dashboards
# Apps
[hello_world]
module = hello
class = HelloWorld

And what does the /etc/hosts entry for haweb look like?

I think you said earlier that you were just running this from a terminal window. I was going to set it up to run on boot. Is that not supported at this time. I noticed that there isn’t an appdaemon file in /usr/local/bin now.

wow, how did that get there, I don’t use hosts file, I go through a DNS server. Strange.

Yes it’s supported and in your case makes sense if you are running on separate hardware. You just need to run the pip install step from the regular appdaemon docs and the install will go ahead.

I have people run from the command line to avoid disturbing a previous AppDaemon install.

Does that explain the weird IP address?

yes it does. I was gonna say I thought it had something to do with wireless, but i’m not wireless on that server. Hmmmm

@Gustafsson - try the following to upgrade your requests librabry:

$ pip3 install requests>=2.6.0

so just pip3 install appdaemon ???

does it matter which directory I run it from?

Will it clobber anything in my dashboard install?

Will I need to run the dashboard install again?

Sorry train of thought questions

No, you forgot the . and you have to be in the repository top level, as per the instructions for the normal install.

Yes, see above.[quote=“turboc, post:37, topic:13141”]
Will it clobber anything in my dashboard install?
[/quote]

No.

You can reuse the config directory you already prepared when you run it by specifying the correct -c option.

Leave it to me to be stuck on the first line … I am not sure that I understand what is. Is it my /home/pi or the /hass directory or the /.homeassistant direrectory? I know that it may be different for a lot of folks and that’s why it marked as such, but anyone have an idea of what this would be for an All In One installation on and RPi3? Thanks

I’ve installed mine in /home/pi and it works fine. (AIO, RPi3 just like yourself)

It doesn’t have to be anywhere special for HA to work with it since it communicates using the HA API. So as long as you have the settings correct, it doesn’t matter so much where you install it to.

1 Like