Another component for ZiGate

Hi all,

after some tests, I realize that my current home setup with programmable plug is not the best for Home Assistant enviroment. After removing it all, lights are correctly synced :sweat_smile: So everything solved.

Have a nice new yearā€™s eve!!

Hi, more tests bring me here :sweat_smile:

I have bought 2 aqara bulbs from xiaomi, bulbs are well detected. I can turn them off and on.
I can also change the brightness but not the color_temp, it doesnā€™t appear nothing to change that.
Those bulbs are capable of 2700K-6500K. I put here some pics just in case someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!!

Iā€™m currently improving a lot light support , including color temperature management.
So you just have to wait a little, fews days, and I think it will works

Thanks @doudz! more than happy to hear that

Hi, I have updated zigate component and I am finding strange behaviours.
I can see this in the log file:

2019-01-10 20:39:24 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [zigate] No template found for LWB010
2019-01-10 20:39:25 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [zigate] No template found for LWB010
2019-01-10 20:39:26 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [zigate] No template found for Plug_01
2019-01-10 20:39:26 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [zigate] No template found for lumi.light.aqcn02

Previuos paired lights still work, but I have tried to pair another aqara bulb and now is not detected/paired.
Regarding the other aqara bulb paired preivously before updating, it works but stil can control the color_temp.

Should I rollback?

Have you tried to call ā€œdiscover_deviceā€ service on the device ?

You can also ā€œgenerate_templatesā€ and send files to me in order to include them in the next release

Hi,

I received my zigate this week and tried to play with it this weekend. Using the python zigate librairy I was able to connect some devices.
However Iā€™m unable to use it with Homeassistant, it keeps says ā€˜Failed to connect, retry in xxsecā€¦ā€™

I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong. I updated zigate to firmware version 3.0e and homeassistant is in version 0.85.1

Are you using USB or wifi version?

Iā€™m using the USB version.

Are you sure that you select the right USB port ?

First I didnt specify a port, i then tried to add /dev/ttyUSB0 (it is the one that registered when pluging the zigate), it didnt seem to solve the issue.
I can retry this evening.

When you didnā€™t specify the port, the plugin will try to find it but it can fails if thereā€™s another USB key that looks like zigate (zwave usb key for example)

It was my understanding that the plug-in will try to detect the port. In fact, with your python library the Key was autodetected using the comand z = zigate.connect(port=None) from the readme !
I have no other USB pluged into raspberry pi3.

Ok guys I figured it outā€¦ and I feel very dumb !!

It turns out that I forgot to add the homeassistant user to the dialout group wich is mandatory to read/write to /dev/ttyUSB0 port. Iā€™m now able to connect to the zigate.

Anyway thanks for your help and sorry to have bothered you

Hi @doudz, sorry bit I do not understand. Seems to be something new that it didnā€™t happen before the code upgrade. Correct me if I am wrong but I didnā€™t have to add a template for any component.

I mean, I plug two Philips bulbs and a osram plug and they were detected from the scratch. After the upgrade you can see, it says no templates for those components

Just to inform, I update the component with last version in the repository and everything is working ok.
No weird messages in the logs and I can control the colour temperature of the aqara bulbs.

Can you please explain this?
I have a lot of message of missing templates and now zigate entities need a lot more time to be available in hass after a restart.

Missing templates is not really a problem, a template give just a chance to create entities without waiting for a value change.
I donā€™t notice a slow down, Iā€™m running HA on a Rpi3.
could you explain ?, provide log ?

Hereā€™s what I get after a restart, after 10 seconds, hass ui is available. But for the next 45 seconds I get this:

I did not notice the exact version it happens the first time but probably 0.25.0
Hereā€™s the (sorry) long log of full restart https://pastebin.com/cm6QwKJP