Anova sous vide control over MQTT

Shot in the dark: does anyone have hcitool or bleah output from connecting to their 2nd gen device? The Nano does not, in fact, work with pycirculate (and thus anovamaster): https://github.com/erikcw/pycirculate/issues/10
Anybody’s output or help would be appreciated to see what the differences are between the devices, thanks!

I realize this was old but didn’t see anyone answer it yet.

The setup in home assistant needs to change but it will work. I haven’t done the changes yet since I don’t use mine that often but I was able to force the service calls to adjust mine from work the other day.

Hi!

Any luck in getting the Anovo Nano working?

I found a thread mentioning changing UUID from FFE0 to 1800, but that does not got far, the Nano seem to have another protocol?

Johan

@jlen Did you ever have any luck getting the nano working? I’ve ended up at the same dead end you ran into haha.

Has anyone gotten the nano to work?

@Chumba no unfortunately not. I guess the uses cases are to few even for the most fanatic home automation engineer (myself included)… it would be great to set a timer for starting it up when away from home though…

Let’s hope someone else has a breakthrough :slight_smile:

Stay tuned…

1 Like

You said that because you might have some news to share about the nano development?

Yes but sadly I couldnt get it stable =( dont think this will be reasonably possible

Still don’t want to share your findings? Maybe it could help some other people to pick it up?

I’ll see what I can dig up tonight or tomorrow. Ill share what I found but like I mentioned earlier I don’t think this will ever work properly. The bluetooth communication with the anova is very strange and not traditional, I decompiled the Android App and found a birdsnest of absolute trash which explains why 1) the app is unstable to begin with, and 2) it proved extraordinarily difficult to reverse engineer.

1 Like

Hello @arbreng,

I can see that unfortunately the pull request was closed without merging the changes.
Could it still be done?
Could your code be turned into a custom component inside HACS?

It would be so nice to have Anova integrated fully.
Thanks!
B

I have a strange issue with this project AnovaMaster.
My Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is disconnecting exactly after 4mn35s:

I don’t know if anyone has an idea where this issue comes from ?
Does this magic number ring a bell to anyone ?

Thanks