Anybody hacked/adapted D-Link DCS-6500LH

Hi, hope Y’all good.
I’m new to the HA scene and have searched for some info on D-Link DCS-6500LH cameras and if they can be used at least for streaming if not full PT.
Product website: https://www.dlink.com/en/products/dcs-6500lh-compact-full-hd-pan–tilt-wi-fi-camera
Does anyone have any experience using this with Home Assistant?

Not hacked, just installed both DCS-6500LH and DCS-930LB … but currently (Detached them), they works , but no “dedicated” D-Link Camera Integrations, have to find a custom or use homeassistant-integrations like generic cam, or mjpeg or similar, i think i had 1 of them in the official DLINK switch integration (limited functionality) … and you can always use a HTML-Card, with iframe, to “cast” the cams http-url

EDIT: or use HA-integrations “Stream + Camera + Media Player”

DCS-6100LH, DCS-6500, DCS-8302LH,(generic camera) - udp /live/profile.0/video …
DL932LB, - MJPEG-integration, -http /video.cgi

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been occupied with other sad family stuff, but now I’m at it again. I will check myself, but if you have time and want to, I’d appreciate it very much if you can give me URL:s for the DCH-6500LH streams.
I love Home Assistant and love the community even more :wink:

I have dlink DCS-6100LH and same story, seems it uses RTSP still for sending video, but cant figure a way to connect in my LAN right now.

from the browser I see its connecting trough their cloud service to
rtsp://mp-eu-rtsp-1.auto.mydlink.com:443/alexa/profile.0?cid=<REDACTED>&mac=<REDACTED>

so I think it would be possible to connect locally. will try sniffing traffic from the camera to see which is the url

After contacting D-Link support: The DCS-6100LH uses RTSP embedded in HTTPS which is sent to the MyDlink app through their servers. For full functionality, the ports 80, 443, 2047, and 2048 should be open.

They say that you cannot connect directly to the camera with RTSP, but you have to use the app. However, the data stream is in fact RTSP, it’s just not using a normal protocol. So it must be possible to extract the RTSP-data-stream but the support were adamant in saying that it is not allowed to use anything else than the MyDlink app to view video streams from DCS-6100LH, and if you want to use RTSP you need to buy a different camera.

I was able to downgrade the firmware on the DCS-6100LH and isolate the RTSP address:

See here for direct/local rtsp urls, even with newer firmwares. Firmware version · Issue #1 · mouldybread/DCS-6100LH · GitHub

rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/live/profile.0/video

The pin is the pin provided on the installationcard and on the bottom of the camera.

3 Likes

You can use the camera through their app, or directly connect to apps such as VLC or Potplayer and view through either local WiFi or external IP.

For local WiFi, I use - rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/live/profile.0/video - your base address may differ according to your router. My base address for the cam on the Asus router happened to be - 192.168.1.124

For external IP, I port forwarded internal port 554 to an arbitrary external port - 8769 and then use - rtsp://admin:[email protected]:8769/live/profile.0/video from anywhere.

The first group of x’s are the code under the camera. The other x’s hide my actual external IP.

1 Like