Anyone experience with connecting a Growatt solar-inverter?

Yep that fixed it thanks

Hi Indy, upon return from holiday there were some updates on my hass… and since then I have a problem with my integration…

I have only 1 entity left:
sensor.growatt_total_maximum_power

Before e.g. I had:
sensor.growatt_total_output_power
But that is not there anymore after update…

This is my sensor which did not change:

- platform: growatt_server
    username: !secret GROWATT_SERVER_USERNAME
    password: !secret GROWATT_SERVER_PASSWORD
    scan_interval: 60

I’m guessing this might be related to Anyone experience with connecting a Growatt solar-inverter?
Could you try those steps as well and see if your device is shown as different as well?

Sorry, Assume I am not a developer… what should I do :blush:

Edit: hold it… since yesterday evening my shinelink seems to not have sent anything to server.growatt.com. the shinlink however sais “all is ok” but I did not see any data in server.growatt.com. I restarted the shinelink. At first it was disconnected now connected.

And data starting to show again…

However I do still see 1 entity in my entity list :thinking:

Did the other entity ever show correct data?
The first version of the integration assumed everything was an inverter, so it added the sensors for any device it could find in your plant.

Once support for “Storage” devices was added it would look more intelligently at what device type it is.
So far inverter, storage, mix and tlx have been discovered to my knowledge.

If the device type of the other device is mix or tlx it would be ignored.
spock85 seems to be working to get his tlx device working :smiley:

Since i only have inverters that are inverters to Growatt as well i cannot add support for the remaining types myself.

It did always show the server.growatt.com dat yes. Tomorrow I will see if everything is ok again. Then I will look far anything you want me to (with help).

Of course, i’ll try and give the instructions in a better way :slight_smile:

First you’ll need to install python on your computer (You could run it on your home assistant as well if you have the ssh addon, in that case you might not need to)

Download and extract this zip

open the example.py and replace the contents with:

import growattServer
api = growattServer.GrowattApi()
login_response = api.login('<username>', '<password>')
#Get a list of growatt plants.
plants = api.plant_list(login_response['userId'])
deviceList = api.device_list(plants['data'][0]['plantId'])

print(deviceList)

Don’t forget to replace <username> and <password> with your username and password.

Run the example.py file.
Then you should get some output. Remove the datalogSn, DeviceAilas and deviceSn from that list so no one can try and take control over your inverters :stuck_out_tongue:

@indykoning I managed to get the tlx info in HA. Can you check the code here: https://github.com/spockster1985/core/tree/dev/homeassistant/components/growatt_server

If it’s ok for you,I will do a pull request.

By all means make the Pull Request to the Home Assistant core! :smiley:
I’m happy to see someone else helping making the integration and by extension Home Assistant great :slight_smile:
I think you can also add yourself as code owner if you want to.

You may also want to pull the dev branch into it as well since https://github.com/home-assistant/core/commit/b7275de837af33d94b6506fe88b397694d1d6168 has been merged.

I think i’ll try and review on the actual PR since it’ll make it easier for everyone and i can suggest code changes where you only have to push a button to fix it :slight_smile:

It looks like someone is already working on one!

it hasn’t had much activity the last 30 days but you might be able to install it manually as a custom integration

(It’s from the guy who made the library as well https://github.com/ArdescoConsulting/growattRS232)

the problem regarding that integration is that on inverter we found only one rs232 port: we need to chose the way. If we have a wifi dongle we can send data to growatt server but we can’t take data from LAN but only from server.
In my case I installed Pyton and try to run example.py (modified with my email and password) I found only errors

========== RESTART: D:\da buttare\PyPi_GrowattServer-master\example.py =========
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\da buttare\PyPi_GrowattServer-master\example.py”, line 1, in
import growattServer
File “D:\da buttare\PyPi_GrowattServer-master\growattServer_init_.py”, line 7, in
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘requests’

I’m so sorry but i’m not a developer so I’m not sure that I’m making test correctly.
I have a SPA3000 batteries inverter, and I cannot find battery state.

Can you explain how can I modify TLX inverter provided by @spock85 with SPA?

Thank you very much

The issue you’re getting right now is a dependency that is missing. Have a look at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17309288/importerror-no-module-named-requests

He explains multiple ways to install it

I am going to try this in the next weeks:

Hi @robinson looks good. Are you able to share how to do this?

Hi @robinson: How you manage it?

Hi, any progress on this? Willing to test…

The reason why some of us are only getting Total Sensors is because you probably have a device type of either "mix"or “tlx”. At least that was the case for me with my “mix” device type.

Thanks to @indykoning’s generous explanations in this topic I was able to modify the growatt component to support “mix” device types. If you’re interested you can find it here, just put it in your custom_components folder.

I created a new repo because I copied @indykoning’s growatt_server module in the component directly so that I could easily add support for the “mix” endpoints etc i.e its ugly.

Hi @Neflardio
I have setup growatt using your edited custom component, appears to be pulling all the right values. Then I realise that it pulls sensor values on home assistant restart and does not update until I restart home assistant again. Now I tried putting the inkyoning files back in custom components, I get the same problem. So I guess in the process of swapping out files, it has corrupted something that causes the custom component to stop refreshing.
Any pointers to troubleshoot this issue?

Hi all Growatters, wanted to let you know I have an esphome connected to my growatt modbus and it’s working! Still lots of improvements to do but wanted to let you know progress.

–》end goal: kill cloud :blush:

6 Likes

Fantastic.
As soon as you can, give us more informations…
For now, merry Christmas… :grin: