Anyone experience with Siemens LOGO 0ba7?

Does anyone have experience to connect Siemens LOGO 0ba7 with Home Assistant?
Currently running OpenHab, and easily integrated my LOGO 0ba7, but I see it is not that easy with Home Assistant.
Can I communicate via Modbus to LOGO 0ba7 or it’s only available from 0ba8?

Thanks in advance
Wax

I’ve been lurking here a while and came over this post before while I was wondering about the same thing, disappointed to see no replies. After some searching and tinkering I figured out how to connect my Logo 0BA7 with Home Assistant. Maybe OP also did or abandoned the project, but I will write a small guide here for any future Google visitors.

I’m still a beginner on everything Home Assistant, Node Red and Logo but I’ll do my best to explain.

With Logo 8 you can communicate directly with HA via Modbus. This is not possible with the Logo 7, you have to use the Siemens S7 communication protocol over TCP/IP, via Node Red, and then MQTT (or whatever you prefer) from Node Red to Home Assistant. So the question is really “How do I set up S7 communication in Node Red” and which adresses do you use with the Logo 7.

Some sources claim the Logo 0BA7 doesn’t support S7 communication, but this is not true (perhaps for some early version(s). There’s support, albeit limited for advanced PLC applications, but plenty good enough for HA.

The Logo 8 can use S7 in addition to Modbus, so anything S7 related for the 0BA8 is relevant for the 0BA7, but there are some differences in addressing.

This is where I had a guide with links and photos written out, but because of severe limitations for new members I couldn’t post it and moved it here, maybe a mod can edit this post or another member can post it in the forum:

Hello, take a look of my last reply of this topic