Anyone find a way to sense a trigger via Falling Asleep? I'd like to use one of the free non plan apps to sense me having fallen asleep & then turn down or off the Coldness of A/C

Anyone find a way to sense a trigger via Falling Asleep? I’d like to use one of the free non plan apps to sense me having fallen asleep & then turn down or off the Coldness of A/C.

Typically it gets cooler in the early AM and then I find my nose all blocked/ stuffy/ runny.

I used to at times put the Sleep/ Off timer on the AC via its IR remote. I’ve been considering getting one of those IR generator / voice remote boxes. But, if via some iOS or Android App, I can get a “asleep” trigger out then I could possibly automate the turning down/ off of the cold that I dont need once I am asleep.

I just need the cooling when trying to fall asleep.

How could I go about “sensing” & “triggering” something like this.

You may have posted in the wrong category. Feature Request is for requesting the creation of new features and functionality in Home Assistant. Your request appears to be asking how to go about detecting sleep and using that as a trigger to control an AC unit. In other words, you’re requesting assistance to solve a problem, and that’s not normally classified as a Feature Request.

BTW you have capitalized “Falling Asleep” so is that the name of an app or what?

I have the same question.
Found this :man_shrugging:

If you have an Android phone with Tasker (free) and Sleep as Android (free) you can set up a trigger from Sleep and have that shoot off a message to Home Assistant.

The options available are:

I would assume the “REM” option may be the closest one you’re interested in.

You could follow the steps in here to get you to communicate between Tasker and HA.

2 Likes

Please let me know which is a better place to post it? And feel free to move there if its a better Category.

Before apps took that name “Falling Asleep” is a things humans do :smiley: I just wanted to focus on that as being a “Trigger” to start sequence.

I’l look this up and see if I can put it on my cheap Android Tablet. Thanks :slight_smile: If theres any other pathways to do the same, please do keep us posted.

Got the Sleep app - Tasker shows $$ not Free. How to get free? OR alternatives?

I had downed Automate due to some Reddit advise before. Can it be used?

My apologies. It was free many years ago when I first got it.

Quick search returns this “flow” called “Sleep tracking with Sleep as Android”

You will need to work out how to get it to push a call to Home Assistant

1 Like

In the Configuration category and you have the ability to change it.

Open your first post for editing and you will see two dropdown lists. The left one is for setting the Category.