Anyone have Bayesian sensor working with 0.94

I would like to setup a Bayesian sensor to improve the accuracy of my presence detection. I am using the HA IOS app, owntracks and ping. All the documentation I see about Bayesian sensor is a couple of years old.

I would I do this with 0.94 HASSIO?

Did you actually try what is written in the documentation?

It works fine for me.

No I didn’t. I wanted to be sure It would work before I tried it. I’m not very good at this stuff.

Are you using your for presence detection? Would you be willing to share what yours looks like if you are?

Thanks

I use it for detecting if I’m currently sleeping, based on whether my phone is charging or not, the state of the lights, time of the day etc.

Take a look at this post, it has presence detection with bayesian sensor. Also read to this whole thread to get a better a idea of the bayesian sensor.

I have mine setup for me, but would like it to keep track of me and my wife. I need to know if we are both away from home so I can do some device checking based on us being away. Here is what I have so far:

binary_sensor:     
    - platform: bayesian
      prior: 0.5
      name: 'Fran_Presence'
      device_class: 'presence'
      probability_threshold: 0.9
      observations:
        - entity_id: 'device_tracker.franm_fde5f1f3_6944_4bfe_b612_9401b202c4a2'
          prob_given_true: 0.9
          prob_given_false: 0.1
          platform: 'state'
          to_state: 'home'
        - entity_id: 'device_tracker.fran_iphone'
          prob_given_false: 0.2
        - entity_id: 'device_tracker.fran_owntracks'
          prob_given_false: 0.4

So I just add her devices?

You can add a second bayesian sensor for your wife and then do your things if both are not home. The separation of the sensors allows you to also do things based on presence of a specific person, e.g. If your wife arrived at home and you are not home, turn on light xy and start her preferred playlist.

OK, thanks. I setup one for her also.
I am sure I will have more questions when I go to use them.

Moved the post to a new post - it’s here and has more content. It’s more of a tutorial on how to setup a Bayesian sensor that does what you think it will!

1 Like