Anyone have luck with Interlogix Ultrasync?

I’ve not seen any mention in the forums of the Interlogix Ultrasync, has anyone had any experience?

My ultimate goal is to control a Carrier Infinity thermostat. That appears to have a proprietary protocol, but the Ultrasync hub is capable of talking to it, and has z-wave connectivity.

Any other suggestions welcome!

2 Likes

DId you have any luck with this? I have a ComNav board in my Hills Reliance system and keen to understand how to best integrate it with HAss.

I’ve been researching this for a few days, and it looks like you will need to have the NX-584E serial module added to your panel to control. The NX-595 (aka ComNav here in Aus) is somewhat locked and I have not found of any working integrations with that. I have ordered a serial module and will see how I go with that. I’ll leave my ComNav board to be controlled via UltraSync+ separately.

Any luck here?

Yes, but not using the Hills ComNav (same as the Interlogix NX-595E). I have installed an Interlogix NX-584E Home Automation serial board in conjunction with my ComNav so that I have the best of both worlds. Nb. I had to upgrade my panel to support multiple modules as I had the base panel originally that only supported one expansion module. This board connects to a seperate raspberry pi via serial that is running the pynx584 server. HASS.IO has the client library already so it can talk to the server.
I wrote just about everything that I have done on to the wiki on the github site (above), and there is a lot of info on there that you can refer to. I am not the developer of this library however.
The end result was very good, and I now have things working with HASS.IO. There are some things that I think could be improved and I will submit those as feature enhancements in time.

Can you be more specific on how you got this to work? I’m looking at purchasing an ultrasync system and would like to be able to integrate it into Home Assistant.

Thanks!

Note: Ultrasync will not work with HASS so don’t purchase the ComNav (aka NX-595E) if your intention is to integrate your alarm panel with Home Assistant. Instead, you want one of these home automaton boards for the interlogix based panels.

For more detail on the setup, please see the info I wrote on the Git Hub wiki here. It should have everything you need. Let me know if there is anything further you need or is not clear.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at that. By the way, how do you like the Ultrasync system? Would you have purchased anything different?

It’s not bad. Not much of an option outside of something more custom given the panel ecosystem. I prefer the Ultrasync+ app on iOS. The ComNav board comes with two relays onboard which are good for garage doors etc. it’s a typical man-in-the middle architecture that works well with commodity internet links that have NAT based ISP gateways. I do find it laggy, which can be a bit of a problem, but having it coexist with the 584E board and home assistant opens up a whole world of options. In fact, with the 584E and home assistant, I am achieving things with my alarm panel that the manufacturer never thought was possible. Even some installers are surprised with what can be done with Hills Reliance (Networx) panels and Home Assistant. Rivals even the most contemporary panels.

It looks like another automation company has managed to integrate with the Ultrasync service directly… https://knowledgebaseclarecontrols.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SAR/pages/20512842/Interlogix+Ultrasync+Integration+Release+Notes. I’ve never heard of ClareControls, but apparently its possible. Release notes from interlogix also appear to indicate the system status is available over a local LAN–intended for use with Interlogix’s surveillance platform–but none the less built into the system. I, unfortunately, don’t know where to begin on making this work…

Can you explain how you added the 584E to the Ultrasync panel? The ultrasync uses a LAN+/LAN- for data, while the 584E only has a data connection. What is the procedure you used to enroll the device? I’ve hooked up the power to the module and have no lights on the module–wondering if mine it DOA. Thanks!

Interesting…I might need to make some enquiries into how to get hold of that firmware (the NX595E/ComNav module requires A58P001002-14 or higher according to the site you linked). Anyone else know where to get it?

As for the NX-584E…it was simply the three wires that needed to be connected into the panel (POS, DATA and COM). Installation guide is here - enrolling steps start on p7: http://store.grouponenw.com/v/cutsheets/Interlogix-NX-584E-install-manual.pdf

Hi Guys,

I’ve got the ComNav NX-595e module and been looking into how i could integrate it into my home automation. I did come across this Github project that Exposes the NX-595e module as a rest web service. The code is written in ASP.NET and someone has started the port to python but hasn’t published his code yet. This might be an alternative solution to adding the 584E module to your panel.

I think there may be some confusion with the participants of this thread. Interlogix has two different products that reference UltraSync. There’s the NX-595E that integrates into a NetworX control panel. If you’ve got NetworX, just use the NX-584E and its driver. You’ll have better luck. But I believe the original poster is referring to the Interlogix UltraSync system, which is a different panel (See: https://www.interlogix.com/intrusion/category/control-panels?brand=17). Two different panels, actually. The UltraSync Self-Contained Hub and the UltraSync Modular Hub. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has managed any integration with the later (the UltraSync panels).

Although this is an older thread, I would like to ask everyone looking for an integration of the UltraSync Hub in HomeAssistant to vote here. There has been a proof of concept posted on GitHub. If there are more people in need for a HomeAssistant integration, it might be developed further.

Although Interlogix halted their activities in North-America, their products are still being sold in Europe.

Working integration pending merge request here