Anyone have Z-wave setup on Synology without Docker?

I plugged in a Aeotec Z-stick Gen5. SSH in as root and run the command below (the stick appears to show up OK, but may need to fix permissions?):
#ls -al /dev/ttyACM0
crw------- 1 root root 166, 0 Dec 7 20:20 /dev/ttyACM0

Can’t change group according to zwave instructions (is this necessary?):
#sudo chgrp dialout /dev/ttyACM0
chgrp: unknown group dialout

Then, I added the following to my configuration.yaml and restarted:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

And I get the following errors, any ideas??? How can I install python_openzwave manually? I am running on a Synology DS-414 without Docker support. apt-get not available (so I can’t do sudo apt-get install libudev-dev)… I did install entware-ng but still not sure if it allows me to install libudev-dev)

2017-12-07 19:18:30 ERROR (Thread-10) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package python_openzwave==0.4.0.35: Command “/volume1/@appstore/py3k/usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-84ykvx1r/python-openzwave/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-xdavb3_q-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --prefix --compile --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-84ykvx1r/python-openzwave/
2017-12-07 19:18:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing zwave because could not install dependency python_openzwave==0.4.0.35
2017-12-07 19:18:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for zwave: Could not install all requirements.
2017-12-07 19:18:30 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: service_call_id=747577264-16, service=create, domain=persistent_notification, service_data=notification_id=invalid_config, title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

• zwave

Please check your config.>

In an attempt to install libudev-dev, I followed steps 1-4 at this link:

Then did this:
root@DS414:/usr/bin# apt-get update

And then this, but I got scared so I stopped:
root@DS414:/usr/bin# apt-get install libudev-dev
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libapparmor1 libip4tc0 liblz4-1 libseccomp2 sysvinit-core
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
init-system-helpers libapparmor1 libfdisk1 libgcrypt20 libip4tc0 liblz4-1
libmount1 libncurses5 libncursesw5 libseccomp2 libselinux1 libsepol1
libsmartcols1 libtinfo5 libudev1 mount sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils
util-linux
Suggested packages:
rng-tools nfs-common bootlogd dosfstools kbd console-tools
util-linux-locales
Recommended packages:
libgpm2
The following packages will be REMOVED:
init systemd systemd-sysv udev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libapparmor1 libfdisk1 libip4tc0 liblz4-1 libseccomp2 libudev-dev
sysvinit-core
The following packages will be upgraded:
init-system-helpers libgcrypt20 libmount1 libncurses5 libncursesw5
libselinux1 libsepol1 libsmartcols1 libtinfo5 libudev1 mount sysvinit-utils
util-linux
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
init systemd-sysv (due to init)
13 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 4 to remove and 122 not upgraded.
Need to get 3457 kB of archives.
After this operation, 12.0 MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase ‘Yes, do as I say!’

Are you following the steps linked to install open_zwave? Even if you are successful, the python open_zwave library is a wrapper around the openzwave C++ library and requires libudev in the homeassistant environment to run.

That means even if you build python_openzwave in chroot and copy over to your host environment which runs home assistant, you’ll likely just fail setup of the zwave component because you won’t be able to import it.

libudev does not exist in the base synology install and I don’t believe there is an easy way to get it there but it love to be shown otherwise.