Anyone integrated Smartthings into Hassio yet?

That makes total sense. I can add retain: true for the battery and temp, but that was causing issues with my lights and I took it out. Thanks for the tip!

I’m confused…there’s nowhere in the mentioned tutorial under the “SMARTTHINGS APP” section where you configure a port?

It’s not in the SmartThings app. they are referring to the port settings in the SmartThings bridge in Hassio.

I got smartthings hub and 6 multipurpose sensors (of which 4 in use currently) a few days ago. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. After some googling even the developer of the smart app for the mqtt bridge seems to have stopped developing, apparently due to issues in the environment.

Well, on the positive side, my hub does work, and it does send mqtt messages to the RPi. That’s about the positives. Two out of four multipurpose sensors ceased working within a day, but I could revive them after furious clicking, tapping and holding down the sensor button and samsung app. That was 30min ago, so let’s see how long they last now (can I trust them?). Problem is also that I cannot see in HA whether they’re working or not. As multipurpose sensor sends temperature as integer, so can’t even figure it out from a graph. Wonder if it’d be possible to create some analysis of the state update, like “if [temperature] not updated for x minutes, send telegram ‘Sensor jammed’”.

Below’s the yaml syntax - slightly different from e.g. jsnow’s above, missing the “/state”, still works when it works. Apart from battery of course, 1/4 sensors has reported that in two days.

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Etuovi Lämpötila"
    state_topic: "smartthings/ovi etuovi/temperature"
    retain: true    
    name: "Etuovi Ovi"
    state_topic: "smartthings/ovi etuovi/contact"
    payload_on: "open"     
    payload_off: "closed"    
    device_class: opening  
    name: "Etuovi battery"
    state_topic: "smartthings/ovi etuovi/battery"

…an update: seems like multipurpose sensors are updating the status periodically on 15min interval. With the exception of battery, that 1 out of 4 updates battery status also on same 15min interval, the other 3, never.

And yes, the battery updates are active in smartapp.

In light of the recent hacking events I wanted to add a username and password to my mosquitto broker add on in hass.io. I added username/password to the mosquitto addon and to my config file. Restarted hass.io and it’s not communicating anymore. I then changed the default username/password on the hass.io smartthings addon to match the mosquitto broker and still not working. I searched through the smartthings hub settings for a spot to change passwords and can’t find anything.

What am I missing or is this not possible when linking the two together?

Its been a long time since I set mine up, but if I remember correctly, the PW needs to be set up on both the MQTT broker and the Bridge. ST doesn’t manage the passwords.

your device<------smartthings<-------mqtt bridge (set password here)<------mqtt broker(also set password here)

here is the tutorial I followed:

When trying to install the smartthings bridge nothing happens (vkorn repo). Doesnt install. Anyone know ? Logs are empty.

It appears that the Smartthings Bridge is working correctly in my Hassio setup. It shows “open” and “close” in the logs when I use my test sensor.

However, MQTT is not getting messages. I get the following in logs, which I suspect the "socket errors: are the issue?

[INFO] Setup mosquitto configuration
[INFO] No local user available
[INFO] Initialize Hass.io Add-on services
[INFO] Initialize Home Assistant discovery
[INFO] Start Mosquitto daemon
1543966213: mosquitto version 1.4.15 (build date 2018-03-04 15:35:59+0000) starting
1543966213: Config loaded from /etc/mosquitto.conf.
1543966213: *** auth-plug: startup
1543966213: ** Configured order: http
1543966213: Opening ipv4 listen socket on port 1883.
1543966213: Opening ipv6 listen socket on port 1883.
1543966213: Opening websockets listen socket on port 1884.
1543966213: Opening ipv4 listen socket on port 8883.
1543966213: Opening ipv6 listen socket on port 8883.
1543966213: Opening websockets listen socket on port 8884.
1543966213: Warning: Mosquitto should not be run as root/administrator.
1543966214: New connection from 172.30.32.1 on port 1883.
1543966214: New client connected from 172.30.32.1 as mqttjs_fbb953e9 (c1, k10).
1543966220: New connection from 172.30.32.1 on port 1883.
1543966221: Socket error on client , disconnecting.
1543966221: New connection from 172.30.32.1 on port 1883.
1543966221: New client connected from 172.30.32.1 as hassio (c1, k60).
1543966813: Socket error on client mqttjs_fbb953e9, disconnecting.
1543966824: New connection from 172.30.32.1 on port 1883.
1543966824: New client connected from 172.30.32.1 as mqttjs_10d2207a (c1, k10).
1543968014: Saving in-memory database to /data/mosquitto.db.

This is driving me crazy, so I would greatly appreciate it if someone has some guidance. Thank you!!

I feel like I should I should tell you I spent 2 days on this until I found your post about the case sensitivity! It worked! Thank you a ton!

I know your pain, brother. Consider it a lesson learned. Glad it helped.

yes - same problem

I am getting this error in mqtt logs. also my smart things bridge keeps disconnecting. here are the most recent logs on both. Can anyone help?

mqtt:
[ERROR] Auth error with login 1548100586: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting. 1548100798: New connection from 172.30.32.1 on port 1883. [ERROR] Auth error with login 1548100798: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting.

smartthings bridge:
info: Connecting to MQTT at mqtt://172.17.0.1:1883
events.js:160
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: Connection refused: Not authorized
at MqttClient._handleConnack (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:735:9)
at MqttClient._handlePacket (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:296:12)
at process (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:238:12)
at Writable.writable._write (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:248:5)
at doWrite (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:237:10)
at writeOrBuffer (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:227:5)
at Writable.write (/usr/lib/node_modules/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:194:11)
at Socket.ondata (_stream_readable.js:555:20)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:188:7)

Anyone having the socker errors:

However, i would also recommend to use the newer version from a new AddOn Repository:

I keep getting and error when trying to save changes with the Smartthings SmartApp…

7:40:42 PM: error org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC rollback failed @line 532 (updateSubscription)

Ever since the 87.0 update I get this.

the frontend used to reflect these readings and states.

nfo: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/motion/state = active
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/motion/state = inactive
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/motion/state = active
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/temperature/state = 74
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/motion/state = inactive
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Master Motion Sensor/illuminance/state = 8
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Master Motion Sensor/motion/state = active
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/motion/state = active
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Master Motion Sensor/motion/state = inactive
info: Incoming message from SmartThings: smartthings/Kitchen Motion Sensor/illuminance/state = 44

They are still coming in, but now for motion I get clear instead of active/inactive. Never changes from clear no matter the actual state. The light sensor always had a #, now it says unknown the entire time and won’t change.

I am getting most of my entities front ST into HA but not all. When you go to Automation/SmartApps/ and open the app should you be able to select items to share with HA?

When I open the app in ST all I get is

And checking logs in SmartThings IDE I see this every time I open and close the app.

Video is not available…could you post a link?
Ty

With the new version of the Smartthings app, and the Smartthings integration in HA, do you still need to setup MQTT and a device handler in IDE ? I having and issue my self with SmartThings but I didn’t setup MQTT or add a specific device handler…