Anyone seen this (Find internal positioning)?

Any reason to use the app you mentioned and not the original one from find?

~Cheers

The default app has some issues working in the background and the Room+ worked ok. I decided to pay for the full version. After All it is few bucks and I am helping someone to develop a useful app.

Thanks have been giving it a try and have to say it looks a lot cleaner and just feels better. Thanks for the recommendation!

The UI on the phone does not update to the current location if the app is running over 24 hours but the server and hass shows the correct location. The app(Room+) is reporting the correct location but fails to show it in the UI.
I hardly ever uses the UI on the phone though.
I am trying to automate all the lights in the house, Lights come on when the motion sensor fires and stays on if there is movement. This works ok if you get up in the middle of night and walks to toilet or something. Fails terribly while watching TV or reading a book since there is no movement to detect. Frantic hand waving is the only way to get the light back on.
As a temporary solution I am detecting the location of my phone to assist in the decision making.
Have anyone solved this problem of light going off due to no movement?

Well that’s just something you can’t really avoid. You need a way to tell HA that you are still there. In my living room (which is the only room currently lit by motion I have wireless buttons at places where I am likely to sit / lay still to make the light persistent.

~Cheers

Hi,
maybe you are interested: I added support for FIND in Zanzito. It includes both tracking and learning and it’s working beautifully in my tests.
Zanzito’s FIND support works only with local, private FIND servers (Zanzito connects to one MQTT server only). I managed to install it, with some work, see here.
Let me know,
gl

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.barbaro.zanzito

1 Like

Does anyone have success connecting to ml.internalpositioning.com MQTT server?

I’m alway getting connection refused.

Please see MrMep’s post above

Sorry, it was down. Its up now.

Hi. Thanks. Now I able to connect.
But I have another problem, nothing is published in my group topic.
I’m turning track in FIND app and no messages in topic. App already educated and detects my location.

Can you email me your group name? [email protected]

I will take a look.

the [0] should stay?

What is the best way to educate FIND for close locations.
For example for rooms with shared wall and door in it. When I trying to track my device sometimes FIND switching between this locations. And sometime it detects different location.
Is there any method to track fail detection and indicate them to server for better results?

Decided to start trying this out and I’ve already hit a wall. Does the server itself need to remain running all the time? I assume that would be the case but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to set it to run on boot and run all the time.

Yes, server should run always. It do all magic.
You can use public if you don’t mind

Have you tried tuning the parameters? You can change the mixin paramter between 0 and 1 which will bias the calculation to one of two algorithms. Also are you monitoring random forests? That is a third algorithm that some people report doing better. In general, also try adding more learning, maybe a few hundred points.

I’m using public FIND server. How use random forest on it?
And another question regarding mixin. 0 use Naive-bayes and 1 use RF. Am I right?

how do you get the find server to autostart when the rpi first boots up?

I don’t know about rpi (maybe google about adding a startup service), I did it on Ubuntu, but the important part is that the start command must include a change to the working directory, something like:

cd <your-path>/go/src/find && ./find -mqtt localhost:1883 -mqttadmin mqtt_find_user -mqttadminpass mqtt_find_user_pwd > /var/log/find.log 2>&1 &

got it I used

crontab -e

@reboot cd &lt;your-path&gt;/go/src/find && ./find -mqtt localhost:1883 -mqttadmin USERNAME -mqttadminpass PASSWORD &

seems to be working fine now on restart thanks again mrmep