Anyone using an Apple device with success?

I’m currently on 0.97 and my iPad mini has been rendered useless. Can you guys confirm your devices work fine?

I can login OK on 0.97 with a 3rd gen iPad, maybe something is wrong with your setup.

There seems to be an issue with old iOS devices: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/c7rf6y/one_out_of_two_ipads_wont_display_lovelace/

Maybe this thread deals with a different one. Sorry if it is the case.

Sorry to say that I gave up on my old iPad, and changed it to a Android tablet instead. I think it was when I could’t get to update themes in the front end. I have an automation that changes to dark colors at night, but I had to manually refresh the iPad to get it to change.

If you are running ios 9.x than know that the webkit version of that os does not support custom lovelace cards. The ONLY cards that will work are core cards (though mods like markdown-mod and card-mod will work fine with this).

If you want a fully fledged lovelace experience on your tablet I suggest getting an iPad that can at least run iOS 12. (And if you have a heavy setup like me, get a newer model as the iPad Air I have is terribly slow).

I used the ‘States’ UI and ‘Tileboard UI’ on iOs 9.x instead of lovelace

GOT IT!
I’m using an old gen 3 iPad with iOS 9.3.5. This solution works in Safari and Dolphin Web Browser. I prefer Dolphin because of the full screen option. Not all of the cards render correctly and it is a bit sluggish, but it works.

I added this to my configuration.yaml:

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
   - type: homeassistant
   - type: trusted_networks
     allow_bypass_login: true
     trusted_networks:
      - 192.168.1.0/24
     trusted_users:
       192.168.1.0/24: <"panel" user ID (not user name)>

I created a new user named “panel” and added it to the “users” group. I found the user ID by going to Configuration > Users > panel and the ID is listed at the top. Now I can bypass the login by selecting “Trusted Networks” under “Or login with:”. This will NOT work if you choose more than one trusted_user.