I have set up an AppDaemon module that interacts with a ZWave device and uses special logic to interpret it’s sensor value in a way that would be impossible (or extremely non trivial) to do in an automation.
I have an automation that triggers an event at sunrise that the module listens for. It was working very well- or so I thought.
When I noticed that the sensor’s value didn’t look right on some days, I saw in the AppDaemon Log:
2020-05-18 17:57:36.971300 WARNING AppDaemon: Unknown service (default/zwave/set_config_parameter) in call_service
2020-05-18 17:57:37.019028 WARNING AppDaemon: Unknown service (default/zwave/refresh_node_value) in call_service
which was triggered respectively by the code:
self.call_service("zwave/set_config_parameter", node_id=.... ... self.call_service("zwave/refresh_node_value", node_id=...
If I restart AppDaemon, the errors go away. Though I’m not 100% sure, it seems that the issue happens after a reboot- or at least this is the easiest way for me to reproduce the problem. Perhaps it’s some type of initialization issue. almost as if AppDaemon comes up before ZWave does and ‘caches’ it’s unavailable state for when my automation runs.