Appdaemon: voice controlled commands (Appi is born)

You got that right! I am a certified lunatic now!

Don;t you dare turboc!

1 Like

So you haven’t done anything about my request to make it so we can create objects in HA dynamically???

I’m too busy working on the mind link @ReneTode asked for …

that could be scary. :smile:

1 Like

Andrews brain is so big, that we all could run ha in it.
and from that moment on we dont need to program anything, we just ask him to think of something :wink:

1 Like

Rtp are just encoded streams of video or audio that can be transported over a network. Which would be instead of using a raspberry with a local microphone.

I’m working on getting a new camera work speaker and mic since I wasn’t surveillance and then don’t also would have the need of having extra speakers and microphone installed everywhere. just for active control of my house.

Keep in doing what you do and keep Andrew on his toes!

/R

2 Likes

Not sure if i am in the right forum but this feed come up in my searches.
I am looking to put voice recognition in to an object with the object having the ability to give a specific response, but only once the correct question is given for that particular response.
I hope this is making sense to someone. Im not computer/technical minded and i am falling short with ways to do this.
I hope someone within this feed can help.
Thanks
Billy

sorry i dont think i am able to help someone without programming experience to realize such a thing.
i dont know how big the object would be, but to realize something like that you need quite some space.

Basically i want a fake parrot to give a specific answer to a specific question when asked using some sort of voice recognition. Can it be done?

if the parrot is in a cage and you could get wires from the botom of the cage to the inside of the parrot you could do it with just a mic and speaker inside the parrot.
then you could hide a raspberry in the bottom of the cage.

with speech to text and text to speech something like that could be done (to achieve a decent result you would need a wifi or lan connection)

the programming side of that wouldnt be that much different from what i did here.

I have to say, reading just that first line really made me worry about you Rene. :smile: Sounded like you were going to electrocute some poor parrot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

no that i do only to cats who eat my goldfish :stuck_out_tongue:

https://developers.google.com/assistant/sdk/prototype/getting-started-pi-python/

a competitor …

thats just like Alexapi. :wink:
it is just google home or Alexa in the raspberry, but no direct control from the homesystem.

but Appi is a bit moved to the background lately.
other projects were more important, and i got Alexa now, so its less important for me to develop appi to a higher level.
probably i will go on with it on a later time.