šŸ“³ Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

Sonos. And tts.cloud_say Here my action

- service: media_player.volume_set
    data:
      volume_level: 0.55
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.move
- service: tts.cloud_say
    data:
      cache: false
      entity_id: media_player.move
- service: tts.cloud_say
    data:
      cache: false
      entity_id: media_player.office
1 Like

New Update 1.5

New Feature :new:

• Custom Action Options (Optional) - You can add any action you would like to perform at the start and / or the end. This is normally used if you would like to play an announcement on The Voice (HA), Google, Alexa, etc when the appliance has started and / or finished.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

3 Likes

Nice Blueprint. Just wondering does it support Washer/Dryers with WiFi enabled integrations (no need for smart plug) i.e LG ThinkQ Washer?

Thanks

This will work of power measurement (numeric state). I think there is a HACS integration for this. Just google ā€œLG ThinkQ home assistantā€.

Blacky :smiley:

Thanks again for adding the custom actions for notifications.

Another idea I had is adding in a filter/maintenence reminder. Instead of having seperate blueprints. Example, I have an ice machine and I added it to this blueprint. Adding another trigger for input_number 90 days everytime I change its filter would be nice. So it would tell me everytime it finishes a cycle and when it needs a new filter. Some things like the fridge I donā€™t need to know when itā€™s turned off, but I can still use the filter alert setting.
There are some BPs that do this but Iā€™d like it centralized and Appliance notifications and actions BP seems like a perfect place.

Hvac
Filter: yes
Threshold: 90 days
Power Sensor: none
Washer
Filter: none
Power sensor: sensor.washer_power
Threshold: 15 watts
Ice Machine:
Filter: yes
Threshold: 90 days
Power sensor: sensor.ice_power
Threshold: 6 watts
Etc

@Littlejoe

If you are looking for some type of notification on dates / time then have a look at my :calendar: Calendar Notifications & Actions blueprint. Try and set up a calendar for service ( I have one for home and one for service) then put in you calendar events in service when you change the filter + 90 day and then it will notify you when to do it :wink: No need for input number. In this blueprint it can work of a key word or not. That is why it so good to set up a calendar for service and dont use key word, then every event you put into service you will get notified. One blueprint, one automation covers every service item. Just use the the title and description sensors built in so you know what your being notified of. Example

1. Ice machine filter
  2. Fridge filter
  3. Bins rubbish reminder
  4. Fertilise lawn
  5. Clean gutters
  6. Check pool
  7. Clean range hood filters
  8. Change oil in lawnmower
  9. Service XYZ
  10. etc

Or you can use key word and have a custom automation tailored to your event :partying_face:

Yeah I saw that one too. There is another one out too but again i like one the idea of one , Iā€™ll eventually edit this one myself. Just been busy. Thanks.

Yeh, I use that integration already. Itā€™s just a faff setting up automations and notifications with it, wouldā€™ve been nice to use a blueprint instead, no worries.

@Littlejoe @hazio

Okay looks like I should expand this to give more options. I think I am understanding what you are trying to do and see this can be a nice option to have.

If I need your help I will PM you to see if you would like to work through this with me and maybe beta test it.

If you are reading this and would like to be involved then let us know.

@hazio if you can PM me we will work through the wifi intergradation.

1 Like

Now your blueprint for appliances is available - super! :partying_face:

I noticed that you use ā€˜minutesā€™ as the unit for ā€˜Power Time Delayā€™, that works perfect for dishwashers and dryers. When it comes to my (well known) coffee machine, I would need ā€˜secondsā€™ as unit.

@nicknol

You can do some maths and just type the number you would like. Example

5 seconds would be: 5 X 0.0166 = 0.083 or just enter in 0.08
or
30 seconds would be: 30 X 0.0166 = 0.498 or just enter in 0.5

It should be close

1 Like

ah! I didnā€™t know that I could enter non-integers there. Easy - thanks a lot for the hint :slight_smile:
Happy New Year

I canā€™t import this blueprint.
Any issues on GitHub/Gist?

Neat blueprint.

Iā€™d like to add some extra features to the notification, not just be able to add text. Specifically Iā€™d like to use the tag feature. Then when the device starts I can send a clear_notification.

The scenario is, the dehumidifier stops running as its full. I send a notification to all devices Empty the dehumidifier. Once its been emptied it automatically starts, so I want to remove the notification from the devices to say it needs emptying as its been done.

Iā€™m also getting the same problem, when I go to
https://gist.github.com/Blackshome/42586b567d243d432887cadf54e18906
I get 404 error
and if I drop down to
https://gist.github.com/Blackshome/
I donā€™t see any public gists

1 Like

Same unfortunately. Weā€™ll need @Blacky to swoop in and save the day!

It is workingā€¦.

@nicknol

No problem at all happy to help. Happy New Year to you too.

@nukleuz80 @TGKJL @psyko_chewbacca

Everything is back up and running, please try again.

Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

@Ben.S

Thanks.

My notifications are a quick basic way. If you would like more complex way in your notifications you can use the custom actions. Then I would recommend you check out this blueprint as it has heaps of features and well supported. Once you set up your notification in @samuelthng blueprint you then use it in the custom action. Then in your action select call service / scripts: Turn on and select your script. and enter in your notification script.

Hope this helps you.

3 Likes