šŸ“³ Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

Iā€™m also getting the same problem, when I go to
https://gist.github.com/Blackshome/42586b567d243d432887cadf54e18906
I get 404 error
and if I drop down to
https://gist.github.com/Blackshome/
I donā€™t see any public gists

1 Like

Same unfortunately. Weā€™ll need @Blacky to swoop in and save the day!

It is workingā€¦.

@nicknol

No problem at all happy to help. Happy New Year to you too.

Blacky :smiley:

@nukleuz80 @TGKJL @psyko_chewbacca

Everything is back up and running, please try again.

Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

@Ben.S

Thanks.

My notifications are a quick basic way. If you would like more complex way in your notifications you can use the custom actions. Then I would recommend you check out this blueprint as it has heaps of features and well supported. Once you set up your notification in @samuelthng blueprint you then use it in the custom action. Then in your action select call service / scripts: Turn on and select your script. and enter in your notification script.

Hope this helps you.

3 Likes

This is an awesome blueprint, but are there any blueprints like this that can monitor an already smart application? I just want to move notifications from Bosch Home connect, and have it sent from Home assistant instead.

@mellowism

Not sureā€¦ I have never look into it. @samuelthng blueprint shown above your post may be able to help you out. He may have an integration link. Just ask the question in his blueprint notification post as he may be able to help you.

1 Like

If youā€™re able to get the data from Bosch Home connect in Home Assistant either via an integration in some form or manner, you could create an automation using the integration as a trigger, and have it fire the notification script created with the blueprint Blacky has linked above.

That way:

• the automation watches for your triggering conditions and takes care of when to call the notification
  • the notification script only handles sending notifications and everything else that happens afterwards.

With 2024.1, itā€™ll be easier than ever to create your own automation for this with the updated menus.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot to both of you for the tips and advice. I already use your script for actionable notifications. Itā€™s quite fascinating how sometimes the answer is right there, but it takes someone else to make us notice it. Really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Messaged you a few days ago, waiting for your reply. :wink:

@hazio

Sorry I missed it. I get a lot of messages and PM messages and sometimes I miss a few. Sorry I will respond to your PM.

1 Like

Hallo Freunde, danke fĆ¼r dieses Skript.
Ich bekomme es einfach nicht zum laufen es startet und dann bleibt es stehen.

@Pgreni

So you cant get it to work. I am not sure if you have looked at the FAQ. This is a good starting point. Click Here

@Blacky, I am wondering whether it is by intention that I have to enable *Use The Start/End Notify Options` to enable as well the Custom Actions.

According to my understanding of the code it is the case.

And I think the custom actions is executed as often as how many devices are defined to receive notifications.
I would expect that the custom actions are independent from the devices to be notified.

choose:
  - alias: Check if start of notification is enabled
    conditions:
      - '{{ include_start_notify == ''enable_start_notify_options'' }}'
    sequence:
      - alias: Send a notification to each device
        repeat:
          for_each:
            - <somedeviceidentifier>
          sequence:
            - service: >-
                notify.mobile_app_{{ device_attr(repeat.item, 'name') | slugify
                }}
              data:
                title: Trockner
            - choose:
                - alias: Perform the custom start action
                  conditions:
                    - condition: template
                      value_template: >-
                        {{ 'enable_start_custom_actions' in
                        include_custom_actions }}
                  sequence:
                    - service: script.trockner_actions
                      data:
                        action: start

Hi, I had to re-install my HA and used this blue[rint before. I believe ir was version 1.4. I used telegram together a notification when the appliance finishes. Now I installed 1.5 but it isnā€™t working. I set the start power to 5 watt for 1 minute (settings I used before) but I donā€™t receive any telegram messages.

Hi, thanks for the blueprint.

I still have an adjustment, could you increase the end power time delay, for example to 30 minutes?

Towards the end, my dishwasher has a rest period of 20-30 minutes according to the timer, after which it works briefly again until it is finished.

You could possibly also install a time period function, as a rule you know how long the machine works every day, so you can already specify that within, for example, 2 hours, the automation knows that there is no need to react here and only then End - Power Time Delay is activated. Itā€™s just an idea, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s practical.

Or a function that waits at the end for a sequence that can last from X min to X min and then you can switch to End - Power Time Delay.

I checked again, 30 minutes passed in this rest phase, then the power consumption went up again for 2 minutes and then the machine was finished.

It would be great if you could also use a service as a push in your blueprints, for example to send the notification to Telegram/Whatsapp. So only push to the HA app is possible.

Agree, I will need to fix this. Stay tuned for the update.

1 Like

It may have to do with the custom actions. I am going to do an update. Stay tuned for the update.

Tanks for all your all your suggestions.