📳 Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

Yeah all my blueprints work that way. So if you use any of them it will be the same. Sorry about that I just put the limits in so it is easer to adjust on each step.

EDIT: I think I am getting confused. If you would like to use the start / end notification actions then you would enable them and you would input the data. If you dont want to use them then disable them. You can use the custom actions to send a notification or do anything you like but just select enable / disable custom actions as per your liking.

Blacky :smiley:

Wow, thanks for quick reply.

If I set this as shown below, the whole script will not run. I had also understood that it would be enough if I only activated the custom actions. But it did not work. If you say that it must work, then I’ll try it again.

I had been observing this for several days and kept adjusting it until I was able to narrow down the error (we only wash once a day)

@NordFreak

No problem.

I would like to take a step back and and take a look at this remark. In the latest release we have added a “Running - Dead Zone” input. This was added for your use case. Example: when your washing machine takes a break between soaking this normally happens around the same time in a cycle. Lets say this normally happens at the 10 min mark and it finishes soaking at the 17 min mark to then run in total for 45 min +. If we set the “Running - Dead Zone” time to say 25min well past it’s soaking break it will ignore this break and the power dip. We then can set the “End - Power Time Delay” to a much lower value (like 1 min) so it will notify you sooner than later.

To update a blueprint on way to to go into blueprints and on the blueprint you would like to update click on the 3 dots and “re-import blueprint”.

Hope this helps you with your automation.

Thanks for the new feature. Will try it out straight away. Fits well, I’ll start a wash straight away.

I’ll also test the empty or deactivated Notify field again. Thanks for that

I have an issue with deactivation, I use custom Script and notification, Like on simon42
What can that be?

alias: "Trockner fertig "
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/appliance-notifications.yaml
  input:
    power_sensor: sensor.trockner_energy_power
    start_custom_actions:
      - if:
          - condition: device
            device_id: e59d1b7ba9ea2fca082a170996bb7ad4
            domain: media_player
            entity_id: de13cad012089dd2ec227a81a940fb84
            type: is_on
        then:
          - service: notify.lg_tv
            metadata: {}
            data:
      - service: python_script.set_state
        data:
          entity_id: binary_sensor.trockner
          state: "on"
    end_custom_actions:
      - service: python_script.set_state
        data:
          entity_id: binary_sensor.trockner
          state: "off"
      - if:
          - condition: device
            device_id: e59d1b7ba9ea2fca082a170996bb7ad4
            domain: media_player
            entity_id: de13cad012089dd2ec227a81a940fb84
            type: is_on
        then:
          - service: notify.lg_tv
            data:
      - service: light.turn_on
        data:
          rgb_color:
        target:
          entity_id: light.tv_licht
      - service: light.turn_off
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: light.tv_licht
    end_appliance_power: 10
    include_custom_actions:
      - enable_start_custom_actions
      - enable_end_custom_actions
    start_time_delay: 3
    end_time_delay: 2
    include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
    running_dead_zone: 16
    start_title: "Trockner "
    start_message: "Trockner läuft "
    end_message_title: "Trockner "
    end_message: "Trockner fertig "
    include_end_notify: enable_end_notify_options

@Grandman

I am not sure what you mean about deactivation. Maybe your saying the end notification and action of your dryer. If so then after your running dead zone of 16 min your dryer has to go above 10 and then fall below 10 for 2 min before it will run the end notification and actions. Looking at the history will help you work it out.

If that is not what you were asking just let us know as we are happy to help.

Hi blacky,
I waited about 1h but strangly is always waiting for Something. Start is no Problem, but end

Google Photos

Diswascher is even more strange in energy

Google Photos

Do I need dead zone at all? It would be nö problem when it would detected multiple runs

Try this now I can see you power cycle. your “End - Appliance Power Setpoint” change it from 10 to 500. Just type the value in and click save. With that power increase you could put your “End - Power Time Delay” from 2 to 1 or even lower if you like as it looks like when it is finished is drops from over 2000 to 0.

Edit: I think that is 2 cycles… if that is the case then set the “Running - Dead Zone” to 0 but I am not sure what is happening in the middle of the two spikes in power.

Can you confirm more information. Filter the time and just provide one cycle zoomed up and I will work it out for you.

Hi Blacky,
here are my 3 devices that i wand to monitor

Google Photos
Google Photos

hope you can provide some informations

Google Photos

@Grandman

That works.

Start - Appliance Power Setpoint = 30
Start - Power Time Delay = 1
Running - Dead Zone = 0
End - Appliance Power Setpoint = 30
End - Power Time Delay = 1

Start - Appliance Power Setpoint = 200
Start - Power Time Delay = 1
Running - Dead Zone = 15
End - Appliance Power Setpoint = 200

This one is tricky and you will have to check your run time. as long as this is the same everytime as you may have different wash cycles.

Start - Appliance Power Setpoint = 30 or maybe try 500 if you dont get an end.
Start - Power Time Delay = 1 Remember this is your starting point of your running time.
Running - Dead Zone = 125
End - Appliance Power Setpoint = 30

Just check all the power setpoints as it is only a guide. Better when you can run your mouse over the data as then you can fine tune it.

Hey great, I will try this,

Actually Kitchen got finished today
Google Photos

stupid think is that eco and mormal runs are different. eco 4h normal 65 mins for Dishwascher.
also Dryer has an humidity detection that can cause much shorter runs

Just a little feedback - I did a test and it works perfectly!

2 Likes

@Grandman maybe post your charts on the 2 power cycles and we will have a look at it. Also if you can check when it starts is there any power (lowest power) that it will stay above until it is finished looking at both cycles. If so add your end power just a fraction below that point.

@dimmuboy

Thanks for the feedback… it is realy nice to know, so thanks :+1:

PS: Thanks for your suggestion too. I think it will help many of the community out :wink:

1 Like

Sure, Here is the 1-2 hour normal cycle

Google Photos