šŸ“³ Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

Any chance to add a feature to allow the dishwasher two times to go to zero watts until the finish message fires?

Is it a problem if I adjust a bigger setpoint than 30 W?

start_appliance_power:
      name: Start - Appliance Power Setpoint
      description: Specify the current threshold that the power must exceed to indicate the appliance has started.
      default: 10
      selector:
        number:
          min: 1
          max: 30
          step: 1
          unit_of_measurement: watts

Dear all

I am totally new to ha and not a programmer so its a gift to me, that a lot of peĆ³ple are making Blueprint I can copy.
I configured this one but I get an error.
I have to tell that its working without calculating energi and cost.

Here is the error from the log:
imageimage100%75%50%

And here is the setup:

Cheers

Jens

First, I think that this blueprint is genius.
I am not sure if I missed anything in this thread, but I am currently using this to get a notification when my dishwasher is done. I did get a notification, but it was too early. I would like to get notified when the dishes are dry. I have a cycle at the end of the wash that runs for 45 minutes (or more) to dry the dishes. from what I can see on the graph, this uses 0 kW. So the notification is triggered at the end of the wash but before the end of the dry cycle. Would there be a way to add a delay at the end similar to the Dead Zone delay for a range of 0 to 90 minutes before triggering the notification?

@seblor

Can you use the ā€˜Running - Dead Zoneā€™ to get you past your first zero watts? This is why the Running - Dead Zoneā€™ was added for.

Blacky :smiley:

@Soulfly999

It is okay for you to do this. The slider just helps selecting a value but you can type any value in you like. So you donā€™t need to adjust the YAML just type the value in you like.

@Jdrachmann

This post is for me to support my blueprint and not for others to copy it and post questions.

Thanks for your understanding as I would like this post to stay on track.

@berniebl

Thanks for your kind words.

Try using the ā€˜End - Power Time Delayā€™ and just type in the value you would like, example 90 min.

Let us know how you go and if that works for you. You could find that you may have some spikes of power within the 90 min so I am keen for your feedback.

Hey Blacky, that does not work as the machine has a sesor for the washing water. depending how dirty it is, the washing cycle is shorter or longer. So I cannot work with a static dead zone as it might be longer that the whole cleaning cycle or too short for the first power dip. So still opting for an option to allow x numbers of dips to 0 until it is the final 0.

Depending how dirty it is, the washing cycle is shorter or longer are the dips always the same?

it dips during the drying process for about 15 mins 20 mins before it ends. I donā€™t want to extend the ā€œendnotificationā€ timeout to 20 mins as Iā€™ll be informed too late that it has finished.

Hi Blacky,

Is is possible to add also the persistent notification like you did in the template ā€œLow Battery Notifications & Actionsā€

Iā€™m looking to add a custom end action to log energy consumption to a Google Sheets document, how do I get that value?

@Blacky I put your blueprint to use for my washing machine today and it worked like a charm, thank you for thisā€¦ I always forget about it.

The best part was watching my room mate burst into uncontrollable laughter when google nest suddenly produced C-3POā€™s voice saying ā€˜Excuse me for interupting, but the washing machine has completed its cycleā€™.

2 Likes

@YogiBearXL

Welcome to the community.

Sure I will look into it and put it on the list.

Thanks for reaching out.

I am not 100% sure how you would do this but at the end you would just to the calculations using the start and end helpers or import the start and end values at the end then do the calculations. You may need to develop a script and run it at the end using the custom end action.

@RickFurtado

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This is hilariousā€¦ I love itā€¦ thanks for your post you made my day!

May the force be with you.

Haha, I found the reason for the dips. The plug I was using was buggy and dropped below 8 watts to zero. Replaced it an all good now.

1 Like

@seblor

Hi Sebastian, That is really good news and thanks for letting us know :+1:

one more thing, how can I use the values measured and cost for custom actions? I want to let Alexa say after the washing machine has finished. "the washing machine has finished and used x kWh which cost x Eur.
It would also be nice to add the duration to it also for the finish message.