Aprilaire Thermostat 8800 any MODBUS experts?

if any one can get this to work with aprilaire 8920w or even some how put it in HA please tell me its been 20 days trying to figure this out

Per others in this thread/Aprilaire support, it doesnā€™t appear that the 8920W supports home automation mode. Someone above suggested they could do it through the Google Assistant API, but youā€™d have to look at that thread. The integration I built is specific to Aprilaire devices which support a local home automation connection.

I have done it with it but i cant seem to link it to a thermostat Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 12-11-49 Overview ā€“ Home Assistant
this is how it is im using this thread Custom Thermostat UI + Trigger Google | Alexa command scripts

I canā€™t believe I forgot about the WiFi devkit and a month later someone made a whole integration using it. This is incredible @chamberlain2007 ! You should make a separate thread for this under Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community and submit it for inclusion in the HACS default repository.

1 Like

Glad you able to make use of it! I do currently have a PR in to the main HA repo to have it as an official integration Add Aprilaire integration by chamberlain2007 Ā· Pull Request #95093 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub , but I am having trouble getting it over the line with a lack of reviewers.

Any chance you could send me the documentation as well? I have a split system with the main thermostat downstairs and a secondary controller upstairs. I can control the downstairs without any issues, but I would really like to find a way to control the temperature upstairs controller.

Sadly, there isnā€™t anything in the documentation on how to control a second zone. Iā€™ve been tinkering with it in my off time (which hasnā€™t been a lot recently) for a while now with no head way. Shoot me a DM and Iā€™ll send over the documentation to you.