APsystems APS ECU R local inverters data pull

my Firmware is 1.2.17 … is this maybe a new one and they blocked the port? Or is this Firmware “commonly working”?

My complete firmware version for the ECU-R is currently: ECU_R_1.2.17Z50.
Did you manage to query the ECU? Telnet will not work, you cannot start a terminal session on the ECU using port 8899.

By default telnet will just do aconnection, there is no protocol beside what you enter.
I also tried with nodejs and also got a connection refused. Also nmap shown no open port at all … Or was anyone able to get an ECU-B to work with it??

Port scan does not reveil anything unless you are lucky (one port is temporarily opened with an interval). If my suggested method of using packetsender does not work (of which I do not have an answer yet), I’m afraid you’ll have to look to other methods like this one: GitHub - bgbraga/homeassistant-apsystems: An APsystems Sensor for Home Assistant

SO my result: Does not work with ECU-B (note … not ECU-R) … :frowning: SO only cloud data for me :disappointed_relieved:

That’s too bad! I assume you used the correct (WiFi) IP address of the ECU.

Yes I am :frowning:

Let’s see if we can move forward by splitting the problem. If you have activated the hotspot part of the ECU-B, you can connect to the ECU-B using a PC via WiFi. Note the IP Address of the ECU-B and try again to send the above command via Packet Sender. Do you get a response now?

APSystems icon was added to HACS. Unfortunately my custom icon was not allowed. HACS and HA only add official manufacturer logo’s.

Yes I can try that tonight, but I expect it to work because the ECU-APP works and I expect it to use exactly the same technique. Only issue is that it seems that they fucked up something - as soon as I enable the AP this WLAN connect is instable as hell and also the normal one becomes instabe … I used 3-4h on the weekend to get it working to set my Wifi settings :slight_smile:

One question: Some way above in this thread also the service mode was described. according to what I remember also from the mobile app this should allow to read data every 20s or such and will turn off automatically after some time (15 mins? 1h?). Could this also be an idea to get more data accuracy? Can this be integrated? @ksheumaker

the ecu isn’t strong/stable enough to use this mode for longer time. You’ll endup with lots of powercycles and that wont benefit the lifespan of the ECU itself.

1 Like

Ok, so the data granularity is the same “every 5 mins” as from the web portal? Or are the data availbale more often on ECU directly?

5minutes , integration polls every minute, but data don’t change until 5 minutes passed. I think even in bigger setup, it might increase to 15 minutes when there are more inverters. Data gathering per inverter takes time.

Thats the reason that Im going to install a power meter clamp on the AC wires to meassure really realtime power levels. The data from the ECU Im only going to use as reference in HA if needed.

Which clamp are you planning? I have one lying around, never got to installing. One with 3 clamps, can’t decide which wires to do.

Im planning to use this one: https://www.amazon.com/DL-CT08CL5-0-120A-Micro-Current-Transformer/dp/B07KNTK25V. Around each phase wire, and bring them out safely. Then using PZEM-004T three times and link them to ESPHome ones. Only uses the Power, no voltage, because voltage I can easily from DSMR (P1 integration) in the Netherlands.

Which one you have available? With esphome you can do a lot

got a Aeotec energy meter. Inspired by Kyle here, but sadly not taken the effort to install. Need to puzzle a bit on the connections to make, if done wrong the “aardlek” will not like it. But when done right, i can measure incoming power on solar and seperately kitchen consumption (which is one consumer i have no insights on, the rest of the house i got good eyes on)