APsystems APS ECU R local inverters data pull

What do you mean by this, can you be more specific?

that forecastes i activated too yesterday. Predicting 28Kwh for today, that wont happen :slight_smile: . Will play with that setup too. I’m still not convinced the energy overview from HA is correct for my situation also.
lots of calculating to do :slight_smile:

Did you not forget to specify the maximum output power of your solarpanel grid? But indeed it’s a prediction and I think they will improve things now that they’ve combined the graphs. Frenck has solarpanels :smiley: (but uses SolarEdge though)

Might be the same issue I’m having? Refer to Integration broke Home Assistant 2021.8.0 · Issue #16 · ksheumaker/homeassistant-apsystems_ecur · GitHub

interesting that firmware on ecu can stop HA. Debug logs should show more at least

HAEdwin,

The ECU is not responding anymore with suspected into of ECU, query, inverter query and inverter signal query. So after HA crashed, I disabled apsystems_ecur temporary and restarted HA. After I focussed on the ECU. It responded with hunderds of UIDs (incremented each by one). After restart of the ECU, the response was correct again and stable and integrate HA again.

The ECU showed info as below. But the UID are complete unknown by me of walk over all possible UIDs. After restart only my 5 UIDs are correctly showed.

… buffer was to short to show all
“UID17416”: {
“UID”: “’”,
“Online”: false,
“Type”: “Unknown”
},
“UID17417”: {
},
“UID17418”: {
}

did your firmware get an update last night? APS is known for just pushing new fw around 3am

No, version is the same ECU_R_PRO_2.0.0

i’m flabbered. How about the script we used from tweakers, is that producing normal output when you run it?

Firmware is now suddenly 2.0.1

I runned the tweakers script for investigation and came back with hundreds of UIDs.
After reboot of ECU everything was fine again. But now my HA is also not starting anymore (needed to disable apsystemens_ecur). Not really stable with ECU 2.0.x. Can wait for tonight if the ECU will upgrade.

I runned the tweakers script as well, but for me the response is actually good (shows 3 converters), so it looks like the information is still there.

There is sadly not much information in the debug logs of Home Assistant. It does not show the front-end, and in the log there is only the following message (regarding the custom_component).

2021-08-05 16:10:58 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.apsystems_ecur] Querying ECU

Memory is blowing up however, so something is going wrong here.

For future reference, the Tweakers Python script: apsystems_ecur_python - Pastebin.com
Edit the IP address and ECU ID

1 Like

Ouch, I’m still running on ECU_R_1.2.17Z50. Glad to have blocked the OTA updates:
ecuna.apsema.com^$important
ecueu.apsema.com^$important
ecu2.apsema.com^$important
*.apsystemsema.cn^$important
These are the domains I block in the NL… firmware updates come from ECUEU or ECUNA (Europe, North America’s)

I don’t block anything, still at ECU_R_1.2.17Z50 too. Seems 2.x is newer devices only ?

If it is indeed outputting what you saw on the script before, it explains the memory increase and crash in the end. But still, the script does output normal later, so it must be fixable.

I am also on ECU_R_1.2.17Z50 and haven’t blocked any apsystems domains. Can you take a picture of your device? with a name like ECU_R_PRO_2.0.0 I’m wondering if it’s actually a different piece of hardware? Is your installation new, and what country are you in?

I should be able to detect if it’s an “R” or “R_PRO” and then change the code around to close the socket session between queries, but it sounds like that isn’t the only problem here.

I’m not sure why the code would lockup HA, it’s all done in their asynchronous routines with timeouts, so it should just fail somewhat gracefully if there are socket issues, and not block the main thread.

I’ve certainly had times where my ECU was down or off, or not responding, and it never caused a problem with HA, i just didn’t get any data.

Here’s my device. I have indeed a new installation (July 2021), and I’m in the Netherlands.

Btw, output from the Tweakers script is okay:=, so the information is there:

{
  "ECU": {
    "AnswerUID": "11009800020001",
    "timestamp": "2021-08-05 16:54:12"
  },
  "UID1": {
    "UID": "806000008089",
    "Online": true,
    "Type": "QS1",
    "Frequency": 50.0,
    "Temperature": 41,
    "PowerA": 197,
    "Volt": 227,
    "PowerB": 149,
    "PowerC": 208,
    "PowerD": 150
  },
  "UID2": {
    "UID": "806000007868",
    "Temperature": 41,
    "PowerA": 149,
    "Volt": 226,
    "PowerB": 176,
    "PowerC": 183,
    "PowerD": 183
  },
  "UID3": {
    "UID": "806000009642",
    "Temperature": 42,
    "PowerA": 150,
    "Volt": 224,
    "PowerB": 151,
    "PowerC": 154,
    "PowerD": 152
  }
}

I have the same version indeed, with same issues.