Aqara P1 Motion Duration reset for nu reason

Hello,

I have a Aqara P1 Motion Sensor and I have set a few automations for it. But I want that if it detects motion then it should be 5min untill the state goes to no detection.

When I do that, it works fine. But for some reason it keeps resetting to 30 seconds, I can’t figure out why! I have set it multiple times to 5 mins but it keeps overwriting my setting. The green line is my doing and red is not my doing. Does any have some advice for me?

2023-08-24 12_49_59-Settings – Home Assistant

You can’t change the device settings unless you first press the button on the back of the device.
Don’t long press it or you’ll put it into pairing mode. A short press is fine.

As I understand it this sensor can be set with a maximum timeout of 200 seconds, so could that be the reason?
What happens when you set it to 200 seconds?

I first tried 120 seconds but that was also overwritten.

So how does that work?

Press on the button and then go to home assistant and change the setting?
Or press on the button and log in to the Conbee stick and change the settings there?

Looks like the maximum setting is 200 seconds if I read this forum post correctly:

To change the setting, press the button on the back of the device, then (iirc) you must change the second within (say) 30 seconds in Home Assistant.

Iirc, the default is 60 seconds, and I have successfully set all mine to 30, which is still giving me a ridiculous battery life (2+ years at current estimate). (I Also turned off the motion activated LED as well using the same method). This is using ZHA. Z2M works as well, as far as I understand.