Aqara smoke detector linkage alarm

Doesn’t seems to work for me, i put one in a pot with smoke, it went into alarm, got no notification and the others didn’t go off?

Did you enable the linkage alarm on all the devices? Can you check the debug of the automation and see what happened and post it here?

i did, ill make debug tomorrow

Can someone confirm to me that I have a wrong type of the smoke sensor? :frowning:

Yes, that’s a different type of smoke detector.

There seems to be an issue with the smoke detectors where they go unavailable after a while (only a few hours/days) in z2mqtt. Once they are unavailable, they have to be repaired. Obviously the automation does not work when they are unavailable.

This unavailability was running me mad. I think aqara default pings are longer than the zigbee standards and hence this disconnection. I just thought of a “ping” solution, here it is:

alias: Patrol - Smoke Sensor Pings
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    hours: /4
condition: []
action:
  - parallel:
      - service: switch.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id:
            - switch.lumi_lumi_sensor_smoke_acn03_heartbeat_indicator
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id:
            - switch.lumi_lumi_sensor_smoke_acn03_heartbeat_indicator_2
        target:
          entity_id:
            - switch.lumi_lumi_sensor_smoke_acn03_heartbeat_indicator_3
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 10
      milliseconds: 0
  - parallel:
      - service: switch.turn_off
        target:
          entity_id:
            - switch.lumi_lumi_sensor_smoke_acn03_heartbeat_indicator
        target:
          entity_id:
            - switch.lumi_lumi_sensor_smoke_acn03_heartbeat_indicator_2
        target:
          entity_id:
            - switch.lumi_lumi_sensor_smoke_acn03_heartbeat_indicator_3
mode: restart

I don’t think there is much danger with turning the heartbeat indicator on/off (please let me know if this has a super crucial function).

However, even with this the success of pings are kinda random. Running it every 4 hours seem to work though (some fail but 4 hours is way faster than the ping standard so even if I have a 50+% fail rate it should still be OK).

Hi, I tried using the blueprint but the selector wasnt working for me. When I checked my devices I see that the models were being shown differently then expected:

I changed the blueprint locally to “Smart smoke detector (JY-GZ-01AQ)”, with this I could find the smokedetectors, and it seems to work for me.
Not sure I should do this?
Also, it seems that the model naming of the smoke detectors changed in MQTT? Can someone verify that?

Hey guys,

I have the Aqara smoke detector linked with my HA via MQTT. However, when I try to create an automation based on this blueprint, it cannot find my smoke detectors.

I dont have them connector to an area yet, so I did that for one smoke detector to see if that changes anything but it doesnt.

Any idea where to look?

Update: seems like I (we?) have the same issue as @ piewarrior, after changing the blueprint locally they can be found.

1 Like

Hi, I have this smoke detector paired thorgh ZHA, my device page looks like this:

It only shows battery level and binary for smoke/no smoke… Why do I not have options Linkage alarm, self test and buzzer etc?

hello.
do you know if this problem was solved?