Aqara vibration sensor (lumi.vibration.aq1) don't show up angle

Heloo everyone,

I’m prety new on HA sinc i just migrate alle my domotic from Jeedom.
I have manually added all my zigbee devices but some of them are not showing up all the info. One of thm is my Aqara vibration sensor (lumi.vibration.aq1) who don’t sho me the angle. It was prety usefull for me to notify me when i forgot to close my garage door. Just a vibration info is not interesting since it can’t give me the info if the door just close or open. Is it possible to add these entities in home assistant? I have the jeedom config file if something can be interesting in it.

Are you using it with ZHA? This integration don’t show the angle. You can use Zigbee2MQTT, there are the angles shown (as well as with deconz).

1 Like

Can confirm it works well in Zigbee2MQTT. I did set the sensitivity to High, but once I’d done that it worked like a charm.

Yes i’m using it with ZHA. To be more specific my instalation is a VM on my Synology NAS with a conbee2. I don’t realy know Zigbee2MQTT. Can i use ZHA and Zeegbee2MQTT in paralel or should i migrate all my devices (50). And if i have to is Zeegbee2MQTT support all the aqara devices (water sensors, temperature/humidity/pression snesors, light sensors, motion sensors, plugs, magic cube, buttons) + Owon temperature sonde + Ikea starvink?
Thanks for your help. I realy apreciate.

You’d have to migrate, if you try to get both working with the same coordinator at the same time both will break.

Z2M have a handy list of supported hardware so you can easily check.

Thank for your answer. But i see that Z2M need the adaptater connected to a raspberryPi. Is it not possible to have it connected via usb to the home assistant computer?

I’m not sure why you got the impression that only the Pi is supported, their own docs are pretty clear it runs on a far wider range of platforms, and I’ve never used a Pi for my setup.

Sorry. I should have spoke about server instead of Pi. Here they speak about a server Getting started | Zigbee2MQTT and they take exemple of a PI. That’s why i spoke about a Pi.

A Server where you would run Zigbee2MQTT. Most Raspberry-Pi models are known to work but you can run it on many computers and platforms including Linux, Windows and MacOS

So, that server can be the computer running Home Assistant.

Not really. Z2M could be used in a Pi, and it could also be used the same way in your setup.

Today you are using:

conbee2 → (HA build-in) ZHA → (HA build-in) ZHA integration → HA

… and after your switch, it would become this (and no Pi in here):

conbee2 → (HAOS add-on or docker) Z2M → (HAOS add-on or docker) MQTT → HA
So, depends on your install method, it is entirely possible to put Z2M and MQTT and HA in the same VM.

= = = = = =
So if you have decided to make the switch, I’m sure there are guides out there. But on a high level, these are the steps:

1. backup everything; document everything
  2. disable ZHA, because you cannot have both ZHA and Z2M talking to the same USB conbee2
  3. setup MQTT and Z2M… I would use this opportunity to change the network key & Zigbee channel
  4. re-pair your zigbee devices
  5. check automations and scenes for any entity name changes

= = = = = =
Alternatively, you could also either wait for the tilt angles to be supported on ZHA, or make a feature request for the ZHA dev team at zigpy/zha-device-handlers: ZHA device handlers bridge the functionality gap created when manufacturers deviate from the ZCL specification, handling deviations and exceptions by parsing custom messages to and from Zigbee devices. (github.com).

Or repurpose other sensors for the same purpose of detecting the state of your garage door.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @k8gg for this complete answer.
I will try to make a switch since Z2M seems performing better than ZHA.
Do you think this method is the one i should folow? https://github.com/zigbee2mqtt/hassio-zigbee2mqtt#installation

The method from the link is absolutely ok. You have to install the mqtt and Z2M add-on and configure both. In home assistant world mqtt would anyway be needed sooner or later so it’s a good time to start with.
In my opinion Z2M is the better choice, since it supports new devices mostly earlier and some devices better (as for example the vibration sensor). I have about 25 zigbee devices and there is not even one that is not supported by Z2M.

When you set it up you should set:

legacy_entity_attributes: false
  legacy_triggers: false

This saves you from a growing database, it described in this thread.

Thanks. So i will definitely install it now. I’ll keep you advice.
Can you maybe give me exemples of what mqtt is use for other than Z2M?

Is your VM a HAOS VM? If yes things would be a lot easier.

====
I searched around, there are youtube videos out there specifically for this install.
This is from 4 months ago, walking you through how you do Z2M with conbee(2?)
How to Install Zigbee2MQTT in Home Assistant - TUTORIAL - NEW VERSION - YouTube

However 3 weeks ago, the same guy is saying the combination is not ideal:
Zigbee2MQTT with Conbee 2 Not a Happy Marriage - YouTube

So he got another (and newer) adapter… you can get a sonoff stick for 15 ~ 20 euros
How to Install Zigbee2MQTT with the Sonoff ZBDongle E in Home Assistant - Tutorial - YouTube

Yes i think it is. I dowloaded the vmdk here : Linux - Home Assistant

EDIT : I just ordered the new sonoff stick. I’ll wait to have it in my possession befor go further. I’ll keep you informed when i received it and make a progress.

Thanks all for your help :blush:

Hello,
After receiving the new stick i folowed the video tuto given by @k8gg and all works perfectly now. Thanks everyone for your help.