Aqara vibration sensor

Hi Guys,

Does any have any useful automation for this sensor?

This is the one i have:

i want to create an automation for washing machine… does any one made kind of automation ?

also the state is always off, which is problem.

Tx,

I have that one too, still in the box though. I was thinking about mounting it somewhere in the bed and see if I can detect anything. Would also like to hear what others used it for :slight_smile:

This topic was started 3 days ago;

And for washing machine check this

2 Likes

Works as tilt sensor as well, I’ve got one one my dog’s food bin lid so everyone knows the dogs been fed and he doesn’t get fed twice.

2 Likes

How large are these? I could put one on my internal letter box cover to tell if the mail has been.

1 Like

35mm x 35mm x 9mm

I tried that, the letters got caught on it, I just stuck it on the outside, works a treat

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’ve been talking myself out of ordering a load of Xiaomi stuff… Talking myself out of it is getting harder and harder…

I bought lots as it very cheap and works great with the deCONZ Conbee.
The window/door sensors are so much smaller thatn the zwave ones. The PIRs do have a weird quirk though, once triggered they stay triggered for 60s, plenty of info on here.

Thanks, the only reason I keep putting myself off is it’s so confusing which gateway I would need (I’d prefer the Xiaomi gateway due to the light/speaker combo) and I keep reading about people needing to pop them open, solder things on etc.
I keep considering deCONZ but not sure what range is like with them (stone and brick house) and I’d need to find somewhere to print covers for them so that the wife doesn’t shout…

Resurrecting this thread - any suggestions on how to use the sensor to detect the washing machine door has been opened

Vibrations will handle the washing machine running. But I also want to know the door has been opened, using the coordination (or tilt angle) part of the sensor rather than sticking a door/window sensor on it (with the steel/magnet issues that can occur).

I have this sensor… it is useless IMO

• Tried it on relatively shaky washer in our apartment - did not detect motion (went with a current sensing Kasa plug instead)
  • Tried it on my desk chair and - no motion detected. Not when I swivel, jump, spin…
  • As a joke I put it on the underside of my desk and banged the desk - nothing

I’ve upped the sensitivity to max and it won’t respond unless i pick it up and shake it lol

Did you ever get vibration working? I could not - meanwhile this door sensor detects thunder xD

No - I gave up in the end, and used a power sensor. It doesn’t detect if the door is opened, but rather if the machine is turned off.

1 Like