Aqara zigbee - stay away from these devices - battery life <6months

just needed to say … stay away of Aqara zigbee devices… the battery is not more then 1/3 what is written in spec… these devices are on ~<6months and batteries are almost zero …

anyone similar experiences?
thanks

I’ve got many Aqara devices, the fastest battery drain is about a year to 18 months. Some are on their original batteries three years later.

Rapid battery drain is usually down to interference or a weak signal.

7 Likes

Opposite experience. I have about 50 Aqara sensors and switches, some are over 3 years old now, very rarely do I replace a battery. Even the presence sensors that I’ve modified to update every 5 seconds last well over a year. My most frequent battery replacements are the temp/humidity/pressure sensors, these last probably a year, the door and window sensors last forever. I do usually put Panasonic batteries in them. Here are my current battery states and I haven’t changed a battery in months:

6 Likes

hm weird then … no idea… as u can see signal is Okay … isnt it?

Yeah, definitely check interference from WiFI and make sure you have a strong ZigBee mesh network with close routers. Make sure that your edge devices on battery are for sure connecting to the closest router and not connecting through other farther away routers or the coordinator. What does your map look like?

Hmm. I just purchase a few aqara door sensor. Setup one and it is showing 64% within 3 weeks. I hope it is not the case. I am good if it will last at least 12 months.

18-24 months easily on all mine. I think you may have an issue with signal possibly. Having said that some of mine are way way on the edge and are still going after I moved in here in Feb 2021 (and they had been running previously in my old house for … at least 6 months).

The only thing that (otherwise) would run them down is having them in places where they would be constantly waking to report a change - i.e. if a temp sensor having it near a heat source that isn’t constant (like above the rear of a fridge) or a movement sensor that is constantly triggering …

Same here - in fact over 18 months …

Sometimes it’s the batteries they came with. They can sit at zero for a long time. Just make sure you
have last seen and online/offline enabled and you will know if it is really dead.

1 Like

Be aware z2m recently changed battery percentage calculation in 1.27. The reported percentage is significantly lower now.

1 Like

Motion sensors all through the house still on original batteries more than 3 years - and still more than 30% left. Best battery life of anything I have seen.

The temperature/humidity sensors last way shorter - about 12-15 months.

Just noticing a drain in my Aqara sensors when paired via ZHA and Sonoff Zigbee stick . I see on above posts much longer battery life, is that because they are paired to Aqara hub?

I use deconz, battery life for aquara door/windows sensors seems to be forever (well I’ve changed non in about 3 years). Climate sensors about 18 - 24 months.

Sonoff ZBDongle-P with both ZHA and z2m. I have at least one of most of the aqara sensors. Oldest are now 1 yr+ with no sign of needing change anytime soon. Newer units all seem to be on the same curve.

Actually, I did have one of the newer door sensors that would drain the battery in a matter of days. As one out of 30+ units, I considered it an anomaly, but guess it could be more common than I assume. It remained functional all the way down to 2.3v.

1 Like

i have like 20 aqara, they seem to last forever indeed
only 1 temp sensor eats batteries, no idea why

Interesting that one was battery devouring.

I have a bunch of new Aqara devices and set up the first Temperature sensor right beside the hub.

In HA, It started at ~80% for a few hours then jumped to 100%. Over a day it’s dropped to 91% and now it reads 88%. Could this be a bad or weird reading? Or could I have a battery devourer on my hands?

When I get time to set up some of the other sensors I guess I’ll know more and can compare.

I have the same problem. Do you have a solution now?

I just bought aquara temp sensor, run it for 2 days and battery look like this

With this rate it will be dead in a week. Door sensor is on 100% for the same time frame.

Could it be faulty piece? Or is it common with this sensor?

1 Like

I have a temp sensor that went from 100% to 48% in around a week, since then (maybe a month on) and it’s still at 48%. Think it may be the batteries they come with. Others have discharged more evenly, All still last a long time.

Thanks. I’ll see in next couple of days.