Are Meross switches compatible with any existing components?

it’s ok don’t worry :slight_smile: I was just checking somethign and I see additional weird thing.
the sensors name carry the old “names” of the smartplug which I changed today as I wanted to move to a new location and even if I remove completely the devices/sensor, reinstall the meross addon and make new discovery the entities have the old names :frowning:
are you saving somewhere this name? else I cannot understand as now the smartplug in the meross app has been renamed (actually deleted and added with new name) so I cannot understand where the old name comes from :open_mouth:

All this kind of errors are caused by retain message and not directly to the add-ons. This is why I ask you to restart the mqtt.

I have to manage this kind of situations but first I want that everything work properly.

Another little trouble: when I restart Home Assistant, the Meross plugin didn’t start automatically, but i’ve set “Start on boot” on. If i start manually all switches (minus my MSS310s) update their status…

1 Like

Hi, with this component an external Internet connection is still required?

Looking to buy a Meross power strip, do not want to use their app, and big plus if I can control them also offline from external Internet

Hi @Klagio,

Without meross registration, and without internet connection is not possibile control the device with this addons. For now.

Does your custom_component need an active Internet connection to control the plugs?

Ops, if internet is down I can’t turn off/on the power strip? And I don’t see physical buttons either…

That’s a huge limitation…

Hi all,

I need your help guys!
Can you all go to https://github.com/carlosatta/hassio-addons/issues and create an issue for bug and new request?

I’m working on this project right now, and have some problem to track (remember) all the request.

THANKS! :wink:

Hi all,

I have rewrite the addons completely and I think a lot of bugs an little problems are fixed now.
To update I think is necessary to rebuild the addons after the upgrade prcedue.

Probably, this version have some bugs, so if you guys want to help me go to https://github.com/carlosatta/hassio-addons/issues and write down every problems you found, and suggestions too

Thanks! :wink:

4 Likes

Hi,

Thanks @carlosatta for this addon, it works really well, search for weeks how to integrate those meross power strip.

As I’m not for now a hassio user, I’ve work on a separate docker integration, only docker and script plumbing :slight_smile: I’ve push it on my github if this can help https://github.com/rimram31/ha-meross-carlosatta

Not fully satisfied as I’ve copied all of carlosatta code as an idiot but may be a material for those who want to use it.

1 Like

thanks a lot @carlosatta for this addon.

if i understand correctly , we need to first set up a mqtt broker .
i’m running Hass.io only , so i tried to activate mosquito broker , then your addon.
i can see in the mosquito addon log and in your addon log that everything seems to works fine, but my mqtt integration tab is empty.

can you tell me what are the prerequiste ?
what i have done :

1. install and start mosquito broker addon : no changes on defaut config
  2. install and start your meross addon : i changed only the host and the meross cloud credit
  3. add
mqtt:
 discovery: true
 discovery_prefix: homeassistant

in configuration.yaml

1. restart HA
  2. add mqtt integration

did i missed something ?

First install Mosquitto MQTT, then this is the addon config:

{
“logins”: [
{
“username”: “MY_USERNAME”, #your MQTT username, between "#
“password”: “MY_PASSWORD” #your MQTT password, between "#
}
],
“anonymous”: true,
“customize”: {
“active”: false,
“folder”: “mosquitto”
},
“certfile”: “fullchain.pem”,
“keyfile”: “privkey.pem”
}

Then this is my configuration.yaml file section for MQTT (with Mosquitto):

mqtt:
  discovery: true
  discovery_prefix: homeassistant
  broker: core-mosquitto
  keepalive: 60
  username: MY_USERNAME
  password: !secret password_mqtt #aka MY_PASSWORD#

and this is my Meross addon configuration (inside addon window):

{
“mqtt”: {
“host”: “192.168.1.110”, #(this is my HA IP where Mosquitto is installed)#
“port”: 1883,
“protocol”: “mqtt”,
“username”: MY_USERNAME", #(same as Mosquitto one)#
“password”: “MY_PASSWORD”, #(same as Mosquitto one)#
“rejectUnauthorized”: false
},
“topic”: {
“discovery_prefix”: “homeassistant”
},
“meross”: {
“email”: “MEROSS_USER_EMAIL”, #my Meross email as used in App#
“password”: “MEROSS_USER_PASSWORD” #my Meross password as used in App#
},
“devices”: {
“refresh”: 10000
}
}

“#” means my comments. Nothing more, nothing less.
I hope it’ll help you!

1 Like

Hey guys,

I got my Meross mss110 switches working with version 0.88.1 using custom_components (thanks to soberstadt’s repo)

Here’s a very quick repo with my code

3 Likes

@hurstc:
As I wrote in your github repo issue page, I cannot use your method because it makes hanging my HA 0.88.2 (Hass.io). Seems some error in python because looking at hdmi video output, it seems hanging on 3.7.1 (setup?)… All I can do is access via ftp and delete the custom_components

Hi, i tried the component and working fine!
is it possible to read the power consumption from the switches?

i’d like to use it to notify when the whasing machine has done.

Thx

Does anyone know if this works with the Garage Door Opener (MSG100)? I set it up, and it appears in my MQTT broker, but nothing happens when I try to use it.

Same thing for me, shows up as a MQTT switch but doesn’t open/close the door.

Hi Just got from Amazon a Meross MSS310HIT

Do you know if it is possible to get energy consumption in HASS?

Hi tried to install it in HASSIo but failed, opened an issue in github

Hi, any update on this?