Are you serious

Are you serious. Spent two or more hours setting up HA. Moved from OH. To find out can’t control my multiple WiFi led setup without modifying my controllers. See ya back to OH. Two hours of my life won’t get back. A shame looked promising for a while there.

Welcome to the community!

13 Likes

Not all Openhab users are that rude…

4 Likes

If that 1966 is you birthyear then I must say you come across younger

5 Likes

If it took you that long to setup HA then clearly it isn’t the platform for you.

1 Like

Ouch. These ‘Goodbye Cruel Home Assistant World’ threads are seriously not going the OP way these days.

Perhaps a new category in the forums: GBCHAW?

Tbh it’s even worse when the person joined the forum solely to complain about something and say they’re leaving

6 Likes

Seriously dude. can’t even integrate smart-things without jumping through hoops. get real. OH way better that this Garbage. Give it a try and see for yourself.

Just took a look, it doesn’t seem particularly difficult… What were you having trouble with? I’m sure someone would be able to help you out.

Either way, I’d rather integrate those devices directly into home assistant with a Zigbee/Z-wave stick anyway (and I have). Smartthings is cloud based, a USB stick is local

1 Like
10 Likes

Oof. Good point

I used it for six months but found version 2 failed to make a clean break from version 1 so bindings were a mish-mash of both. Ironically, version 2’s UI-based configuration was less intuitive than version 1.

Subsequent incremental versions never cleared it up and now the talk is that version 3 will finally rectify it (late this year). Then code development was temporarily suspended because the Eclipse Foundation backed out and required a major overhaul of the development environment.

Ultimately, openHAB’s HABpanel didn’t meet my UI needs so I began looking for alternatives and Home Assistant fit the bill. We’re fortunate to have choices. openHAB is the better fit for your needs but it wasn’t for mine.

Good luck and goodbye.

2 Likes

no… :man_shrugging:

Apperantly not, otherwise he wouldn’t have tried to go to HA. But I think both maybe just not what he is looking for. Maybe he should just stick to smartthings all together :rofl:

@silvrr, you’re correct. But if the person in question still reacts we could benefit from it by at least see what was the trouble and maybe take into consideration for future development (big IF there…)

{{ 'learn' if OP_reply else 'ignore' }}
1 Like

I think the OP might be one of those “non-tech savvy” folks that the devs seem to want to draw in more of.

This is going to be fun… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Thank you for your valuable insights. Have fun with OH.

2 Likes

This thread has served it’s purpose.